Please help select a motherboard for i5 build

I have decided to do an i5 4570 build within the next week. I am still unable to decide on a motherboard. The chipsets that I have selected are B85 or H87. What I need -

1. Good brand reputation and excellent service.

2. Good quality motherboard - low RMAs, high quality components. I have read in a few places that it's better to go for H or Z series chipset motherboards as the quality of components used by manufacturers on B chipset motherboards is lower. Is this true?

3. Good number of expansion slots. I will definitely add a graphics card and a wifi card.

My budget is Rs 8000. Please don't suggest Intel, I have very bad experience with their motherboards.

Thanks for your help.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
try to get asus h87pro, else gigabyte h87m-d3h.
if you have not purchased whole pc, tgen better create a thread in pc config section for better suggestions.

ASHISH65

Technomancer
In india none of the motherboard brands have good service.I have read somewhere that gigabyte have low RMA record among others.

1)Gigabyte H87-d3H @ 7.9k

2)Asus H87 - pro @ 10k

OP
M

mooseontheloose

Broken In
Thanks, guys. Still undecided.

I was starting to lean heavily in favor of the Gigabyte H87-D3H, but then I saw a comment on youtube about people having problems with the board if one plugs in a wifi card and a graphics card. The guy didn't post links to tomshardware.com and I haven't been able to find them.

My other choices are -

Asus B85M-G - has only 2 PCIe 1x slots, no VRM heatsink.

Gigabyte B85M-D3H - One 1 PCIe 4x slot, 2 PCI slots.
If I was to plugin a PCIe wifi card into the PCIe 4x slot would the performance of the graphics card be affected?

All three boards have high ratings on newegg.com.

I have ruled out MSI based boards as quite a lot of reviews give average to poor ratings and mention RMAs.

OP
M

mooseontheloose

Broken In
try to extend a budget a little and get asus h87 pro

Yes, that board is a good option. But for 10k I could go for a low end Z87 board... Thats also pushing my budget. Proc+MB will be 23k atleast.

I can see that I could get AMD FX6300 + Asus M5A97 R2.0 for around 14k. i5 build is about 50% more expensive but no way is it going to be 50% faster. Totally confused now.

Any H87-D3H owners here, can you please provide your opinions on that board?

Guys, what do you think of AsRock? H87 MPro4 looks like its available for 7-7.5k.

Whats the general opinion of AsRock's service in India?

I'll dig around for reviews of that motherboard.

ASHISH65

Technomancer
Asrock Mobos are really good .you can go with it :)

RMa is handled by Digicare as i said earlier none of mobo brands (except intel) have good service support in india

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Yes, that board is a good option. But for 10k I could go for a low end Z87 board... Thats also pushing my budget. Proc+MB will be 23k atleast.

I can see that I could get AMD FX6300 + Asus M5A97 R2.0 for around 14k. i5 build is about 50% more expensive but no way is it going to be 50% faster. Totally confused now.

Any H87-D3H owners here, can you please provide your opinions on that board?

Guys, what do you think of AsRock? H87 MPro4 looks like its available for 7-7.5k.

Whats the general opinion of AsRock's service in India?

I'll dig around for reviews of that motherboard.

i dont think gigabyte h87 d3h will create a problem.

OP
M

mooseontheloose

Broken In
Thanks, guys. I'll be going for H87-D3H from Gigabyte. The youtube guy's problem was a compatibility issue.

I need help choosing other components as well. I am starting another thread for that. Please do help. Thanks once again.

Kirankp05

Broken In
Thanks, guys. I'll be going for H87-D3H from Gigabyte. The youtube guy's problem was a compatibility issue.

I need help choosing other components as well. I am starting another thread for that. Please do help. Thanks once again.

Dude You can try out for MSI H87 G43 Gaming mobo also that will cost around 8.5k~9k but its better borad that Gigabyte you have decided . . .

Top Bottom