Please help regarding formatting entire hard disk from bios

Status
Not open for further replies.

NiluGeek

Broken In
Hello friends,

Please help My lappy is infected with same damn brontox virus which duplicates files in the folder itself. my reg edit is disabled,task manager, is disabled, folder options is disabled. the procedure of removing this virus given under tutorial section is of no use.as soon as i start my lappy, windows starts normally but afterwards, plain wall paper is displayed on screen, no icons, no start menu, no task bar nothing is displayed, starting in safe mode screen is black with only safe mode displayed on four corners of screen, there is nothing to click on, ctrl+Alt + del does not help, simply bcz task manager is disabled, i can enter bios setup, can any one tell me how to format hard disk frm bios setup . Inserting any type of cd, pen drive does not work. it does not detect any thing.

My lappy brand : Lenovo G series
M/N :2048-22q

Auto recovery option in lenovo is useless, bcz i have 3 partitions on my harddisk, which is different from factory settings which is of 2 partition.

Booting windows XP cd is of no use.

Awaiting reply,

Thanks.

[xubz]

"The Cake is a Lie!!"
Have you selected the 1st Boot Device to CD-ROM?

And Yeh, If you are trying to install XP but are unable to find any Harddrives during Setup is because Hard Drive you are using is probably a SATA Interface one. XP needs AHCI drivers to recognize it.

Either Integrate the AHCI Drivers into the XP Installation Disk (using nLite) or Disable AHCI (or will probably called SATA Mode) in BIOS and try it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom