Please help me to run a dead machine!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkpaul

Broken In
I have a (Celeron 700, 128 MB SDRAM, 20 GB HDD, Intel Chipset Motherboard) computer. This machine does not have any display signal. I have check power supply, processor, RAM etc. but i have not found any error.

Please tell me what should i do now?

mario_pant

In the zone
hey there......
ur machine is not actually dead u just have with u a blown up video card or something....... just get an OLD vediocard from any dealer for rs. 300 to 400 and walla u'll have ur PC "ALIVE".....lol (actually try borrowing a vedio card first though)

D

dinesh_singh

yes if you have checked everything then the onboard video must be the culprit....
i dont think so that ur board supports agp cards so in case you have to buy a new motherboard.
but before that please check these parts with your friends system

ram
motherboard
processor

in max cases the culprit is ram

and both ram and mobo can't be at fault at the same time.

so the best thing is to get checked everything

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
ny beeps u encounter while booting????
nd by "no display signal" do u mean blinking LED on monitor with nothing on screen...or orange LED on monitor...or NO LED on it ???

supernova

Mr. S Nova
if u are using i810 chipset mobo, u might not be having an AGP slot. U might consider buying a second hand 810e mother board for 600-700/-

eminemence

Journeyman
I also had a similar problem and the problem was a loose RAM also one
time the BIOS battery had dies down.
Bye.
--eminemence.

premrajeev

Journeyman
this is a common problem. remove the CMOS battery,and clear CMOS by shortinfg the jumper near the battery (it should read-cmos clear/normal).put the jumber in normal position after 10 minutes and restart. if no beeps from the internal spkr, check for loose ram/psu .or ur cmos may have gone for good. CHANGE THE MOBO THEN ( u may able to repair the mobo though as 810 is still repairable ::highly dependable upon ur area).

krishnathelord

In the zone
open ur cabinet and then power on if both smps fan and ur proccessor fan are working then check the ram and if that is also good then as others said ur on board video has gone bad

amit_arya

Broken In
if you have checked memory , chip & PS and when a PCI VGA was also not able to up the machine then it ought to be a MoBo or moniter issue.

for MoBo. when you power on the machine does the CPU fan start (if it is taking power from MoBo).

for Moniter .. check if there are any cuts in the signal cable. or try the Mon. on a different machine (just to check) ..

OP
M

mkpaul

Broken In
amit_arya

When i power on the machine the cpu fan starts normally.

I have checked monitor's signal cable, It does not have any cut in its signal cable.

amit_arya

Broken In
mkpaul said:
When i power on the machine the cpu fan starts normally.

I have checked monitor's signal cable, It does not have any cut in its signal cable.

Dear if the cpu fan starts normally and you do not hear the beeps and no video means

1-> BIOS corrupt -> cant initialize graphics / POST and stuff..
2-> MoBo Bad
3-> Pins of Moniter broken. (rare probability) ..

for sure it is not a issue with any of the RAM , Video , PS else the machine would not switch on or would make Beeps. Under all the 3 probabilities you will have to take the machine/moniter to a good comp. engineer

premrajeev

Journeyman
hey man..!

why are u waiting now...

take it to a service station now........Bcoz, if one can inspect it physicaly, his assumptions will be more accurate.

Just cant tell ya more sitting remote.

Status
Not open for further replies.