Please help me out!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware Q&A' started by babi_surat, Nov 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. babi_surat

babi_surat New Member

hello guys!! i am currently facing a problem with upgrading my pc.

i have an amd athlon2200+ proc, with asrock KVM3 motherboard with 664mb of RAM(333Mhz). there is also a 64mb agp4x graphics card there. now the processor is in very good condition still maintainning no heating problem and running at 1.8 ghz. but i could not find a suitable gfx card now. is it better to

1) search for a new mobo with socket A having PCIe slot or atleast a 8X slot.
    2) totally go for amd2 or coreduo series and upgrade all:confused: , because it wiil cost me lots of rupees:(:rolleyes:

PLEASE suggest me if the mobo can be upgraded so i can spent on gfx card or ram

2. amitava82

amitava82 MMO Addict

my suggestion would be.. BUY A NEW SYSTEM. honestly u need to get rid of that junk

3. Aniruddh

Aniruddh New Member

i'll go wid amit...spendin a single penny in that rig will b a waste as far as i and amit is concerned...but still if u dont have much funds rite now then u have no other option then to get a nu mobo which will b hard to find for this socket...ALL THE BEST.bye tc

Last edited: Nov 13, 2006
  4. shaunak

shaunak Tux Fan

Agp 8x is DEAD now. No point buying upgrading for it.
    There is no way you will see the release of a DX10 card on the agp platform.

Dont spurge good ol' money going for absolutely brand new hardware;
    1> I suggest get a spanking new Mobo which supports PCI-e 16x and a good graphic card. [If you can wait, get a new DX10 card] if you want a temporary solution now get a 6600 based card.

2> You dont HAVE TO upgrade you processor as of now [will last you another product cycly atleast, mabe even two if you overclock].
    But you may think of installing sumthing that clocks atleast 2.5ghz [single core] in the very near future [as games demand more processing power]

Ram upgradation will definately help but it is not mandatory to play the newest games. Its fine.

Get a new Mobo Today and a good graphic card when DX10 is realeased. Get a 6600 based temoporary solution for now.

5. OP
    OP
    babi_surat

babi_surat New Member

@shaunak

thats the thing i want to know. which mobo i will buy for it?:confused:
    because i will upgrade my machine after DX10 is released. thinking of buying a core duo processore e6400 and a proper mobo. maybe i will wait another 4-6 months for dx10 market to stabilise and then upgrade my gfx card and other ram. can u also suggest me whether there is exchange rate of my mobo and RAM for the new one?

6. assasin

assasin Banned

The prices of C2D will drop after Core2Quad is released.So jst wait 4 d prices to fall and den get urself a C2D E6600 proccy + mobo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.