Please Help me, My N70 is....

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhutanesedude

The Thunderer
I am using a Nokia N70 with External Memory card of 512 MB, and I was so far using it problem freely, but today, I don't know what happen to my mobile. I doubt it is a kind of virus.

I tried sending a music to my friend's N70 using Bluetooth and I was able to sent it, but after I finished sending the file, I got a file named something, (*.sis), which I thought he send it to me, so I thought why not install that thing, but when I installed it, my mobile started sending a SMS/Multimedia Messages to unknown numbers, yet, this finished my voucher, and when I put on my bluetooth, it started sending unknown file to other Bluetooth device without my permission. And even my Mobile is not working good enough. So any experts can you suggest me the best way to solve this problem? I even tried uninstalling that unknown program, but still its not working.

If you can suggest me a best way to solve this problem without having to buy any softwares, please do let me know. Thank you in advance.

vish786

"The Gentleman"
Wow someone from bhutan ;-) finally i heard the countries name after my schooling.

install this two softwares and get rid of problems.

Anticommwarrior
Disinfector

install both software okay.

Last edited:
OP
bhutanesedude

bhutanesedude

The Thunderer
Thanks and nice to know that you know something Bhutan now. Thanks for those software names too. But do you think this will be effective on my mobile. Anyways, I will try. Thanks

Hey I have installed the two softwares that you suggested me, but at last I am not even able to open my menu. It says "Menu Error" in initial and later nothing is displayed. Now even I can't do anything with my mobile. Please let me know what should I do.

Last edited:

vish786

"The Gentleman"
bhutanesedude said:
Thanks and nice to know that you know something Bhutan now. Thanks for those software names too. But do you think this will be effective on my mobile. Anyways, I will try. Thanks

Hey I have installed the two softwares that you suggested me, but at last I am not even able to open my menu. It says "Menu Error" in initial and later nothing is displayed. Now even I can't do anything with my mobile. Please let me know what should I do.
check whether disfector is still scanning all the files coz when u install it will immediately begin the scanning or switch of ur mobile once and then see.

OP
bhutanesedude

bhutanesedude

The Thunderer
I did swicthed my mobile off and now, my mobile's performance is slow. It takes about 2 minutes to open my menu and other programs. I thought of uninstalling Disinfector but I could not find it in my installation place, so how do I uninstall it. And is it neccessary to have both the AntiCommWorrior and Disinfector? Is it not fine if I use only the AntiCommWorrior?

vish786 said:
check whether disfector is still scanning all the files coz when u install it will immediately begin the scanning or switch of ur mobile once and then see.

vish786

"The Gentleman"
Anticommwarrior -> is meant for 3 comm virus, which deeply affect symbian.

Disinfector and netquinn cannot remove comm viruses, that is y i suggested install both.

OP
bhutanesedude

bhutanesedude

The Thunderer
But why is my mobile running so slow. Will it be good to install Netquinn in my system at this stage.????? Please now do help me.....

vish786 said:
Anticommwarrior -> is meant for 3 comm virus, which deeply affect symbian.

Disinfector and netquinn cannot remove comm viruses, that is y i suggested install both.

vish786

"The Gentleman"
ur mobile is running slow bcoz of disinfector antivirus, try netquin or some other antivirus, but dont remove anticommwarrior, it does not affect mobiles speed.

vish786

"The Gentleman"
bhutanesedude said:
But how do I remove Disinfector from my mobile?

install it once again and see whether disinfector entry has come in add/remove apps, and if still the entry has not come, then u can remove all the files related to disinfector manually by using fileman. Search for files related to disinfector and deleted them.

OP
bhutanesedude

bhutanesedude

The Thunderer
What if I format my mobile and MMC, just copying the MMC data to my PC. Will those things that I don't want, like virus, would be gone?

clmlbx

Technomancer
IF AFTER INSTALLING ANTIVIRUS . IT IS NOT USEFULL THEN . ONLY OPTION LEFT IS FORMAT UR PHONE AND MEMORY CARD .

UR ALL CONTACTS , SOFTWARES ,AND EVERYTHING IN UR PHONE AND IN UR MEMORY CARD WILL GET LOST .

TO FORMAT :-

You can hard reset your device with the code *#7370# + security code (12345 if you didn't change it) so your device will be as the first day - all data are deleted because the phone is formatted!

SECOND WAY :-

Make sure your battery is fully charged.
Backup your personal data to your computer or an MMC storage card.
Switch-off your Nokia N70.
Press and hold 3 keys; Green dial key, * Star key, no. 3 key on keypad and then press the power on/off to switch on the Nokia N70.
Remember, do not let go the 3 press and hold keys until you see the formatting screen.
After a few minutes when the process is over, your Nokia N70 will be back to the original delivered system.

OP
bhutanesedude

bhutanesedude

The Thunderer
I have copied my contacts and smses to PC and even I have the software installation files in PC, so what should I do...DO u think Its good to format it?

clmlbx said:
IF AFTER INSTALLING ANTIVIRUS . IT IS NOT USEFULL THEN . ONLY OPTION LEFT IS FORMAT UR PHONE AND MEMORY CARD .

UR ALL CONTACTS , SOFTWARES ,AND EVERYTHING IN UR PHONE AND IN UR MEMORY CARD WILL GET LOST .

Hey clmlbx,

I formated my mobile as u said but still my mobile is slow...What should I do?

Last edited:

vish786

"The Gentleman"
bhutanesedude said:
I have copied my contacts and smses to PC and even I have the software installation files in PC, so what should I do...DO u think Its good to format it?

Hey clmlbx,

I formated my mobile as u said but still my mobile is slow...What should I do?

after formatting completely mobile cannot be slow, that is the actual speed. so dont bother much abt d speed now after formatting... okay. :|

K

krazyfrog

The virus is both in the phone and memory card. Hence you need to format them both SEPARATELY. If you format phone only, the virus from memory card will transfer back to phone, or if you format memory card through phone, after formatting the virus from phone will again transfer back to memory card. Thats why you'll need to format the memory card separately, with the help of card reader.

OP
bhutanesedude

bhutanesedude

The Thunderer
guys, I have formatted both my Phone and MMC and now its fine and much fast, and the slow that my phone was before was due to antiCommWorrior. Anyways, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom