Please help me in CPU+MB+RAM up gradation Rs.20,000 is Budget

vishyvishy

Broken In
A hello to all powerful digital masters here,

I have got Pc with following specifications ....

Processor = Core2Duo E 6750
RAM = 2 GB
M/B = Intel DG33FB socket 775

I am bored with the performance of OS on latest OS and as well with games like call of duty ..

I wish to upgrade to something much better than this with Rs. 15,000 to Rs.20,000/- cost bearable to my pocket ...

Can someone please suggest a configuration to me??

---------- Post added at 11:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 PM ----------

One of my friend has suggested following,

If you only need to buy motherboard + cpu + ram, I would get a Phenom II X6 1055t (6 core!), an ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB3 and 4 GB of DDR3 RAM.
If you want to save some money, you could get the Asrock 890GX Extreme3 instead of the ASUS

Please express your thoughts on above combo also.

The configuration should be compatible playing 3D graphics games like call of duty...

Also,

he configuration should be compatible for 3D modeling softwares like solidworks,Maya,3DS MaX etc.

please help me before I take an (idiot) decision ..

Thanks and warm regards,
vishyvishy

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Well.....The avobe config is really gr8. But you said you want an gaming config. So I would suggest to lower down proccy + mobo (not much but a lil') and opt for a gfx crd.

I would suggest:
AMD Phenom II X2 555BE + MSI 785G-E53 @10k
Sapphire HD5750 1GB DDR5 @ 8k
2GB DDR3 1333Mhz @ 2.5k

Upgrade to 4GB later after some months.

Could have suggested 955BE but then you may have to lower down gfx card then.

If you want to get 955BE then choose Sapphire 512MB DDR5 HD5670 @ 5.2k and get one more 2GB DDR3.

You can opt for Biostar TA790GX A3+ @ 6.5k too at that point.

I've suggested the config by keeping everything in mind(specially your gaming need and works at that budget). You can unlock it to 555BE to Quad core so your app needs meets the req. and amazing 5750 fulfills your gaming needs..!!

Well...wait for other members to come in :)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Well.....The avobe config is really gr8. But you said you want an gaming config. So I would suggest to lower down proccy + mobo (not much but a lil') and opt for a gfx crd.

I would suggest:
AMD Phenom II X2 555BE + MSI 785G-E53 @10k
Sapphire HD5750 1GB DDR5 @ 8k
2GB DDR3 1333Mhz @ 2.5k

Upgrade to 4GB later after some months.

Could have suggested 955BE but then you may have to lower down gfx card then.

If you want to get 955BE then choose Sapphire 512MB DDR5 HD5670 @ 5.2k and get one more 2GB DDR3.

You can opt for Biostar TA790GX A3+ @ 6.5k too at that point.

I've suggested the config by keeping everything in mind(specially your gaming need and works at that budget). You can unlock it to 555BE to Quad core so your app needs meets the req. and amazing 5750 fulfills your gaming needs..!!

Well...wait for other members to come in :)

you already gave a good config, so won't change much. but as he'll do those heavy works, better HD5670 + 4Gb ram, than HD5750 + 2Gb. HD5750 too less powerful to use 1Gb. & pricing really sucks.

also IGP + gaming = OP will suffer.

OP
V

vishyvishy

Broken In
Thanks a lot!!

So here is our bettered combo ...

1. Processor : - AMD Phenom II X2 555BE

2. MotherBoard:- MSI 785G-E53 ( Is this MB better than ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB3 ? since Asus is said to have integrated graphic card, an ATI Radeon 4290...I may be wrong here)

3. RAM:- Sapphire HD5670 + 4GB DDR5 (@ how to know, how much this costs?)

Is this ok??

Also will you please tell for which requirement the configuration Phenom II X6 1055t (6 core!), an ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB3 and 4 GB of DDR3 RAM would work great?!

Please do have a say,

Really Thanks and warm regards,
vishyvishy

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Thanks a lot!!

So here is our bettered combo ...

1. Processor : - AMD Phenom II X2 555BE

2. MotherBoard:- MSI 785G-E53 ( Is this MB better than ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB3 ? since Asus is said to have integrated graphic card, an ATI Radeon 4290...I may be wrong here)

3. RAM:- Sapphire HD5670 + 4GB DDR5 (@ how to know, how much this costs?)

Is this ok??

1. if unable get that processor, get Athlon II X4 630. price should be same for both.

2. yes, that motherboard based on AMD 890GX & is powered by HD4290 graphics. but thing is, if you get a graphics card, that onboard graphics will be anyway shut off. add to it, in the recent year Asus quality has deteriorated. so much, we hardly recommend Asus & if possible advice not to go for Asus. other good yet cheap options is: Biostar TA785G3 HD @ 4-4.5k. its one of most VFM board.

3. hahahaha, its not ram. Sapphire HD5670 is the graphics card, with 512Mb GDDR5 memory 1Gb exist too but no use). for ram get Kingston/Transcend/Corsair/Gskill 2X2Gb DDR3 1333Mhz ram kits. will cost ~5.5-6k.

if unable find Sapphire HD5670 512Mb get HD5670 card from some other manufacturer, say MSI or Powercolor. should cost below 6k. else settle for HD5670 1Gb for 6.5k. i not recommend getting 1Gb version cause its useless. too much memory added on a low power card.

Also will you please tell for which requirement the configuration Phenom II X6 1055t (6 core!), an ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB3 and 4 GB of DDR3 RAM would work great?!

Please do have a say,

Really Thanks and warm regards,
vishyvishy

seriously not for gaming. even if the motherboard have inbuilt graphics but its of no use when u compare it against a add on graphics card. its good for encoding & rendering work, which needs more cores & ram & can do with inbuilt graphics also.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Well....Sam don't you think as we have lowered down the gfx card he can get 955BE??

Won't it be in his budget even after 4GB RAM??

UPDATE: Get 955BE @ 8k
If you can entend your budget to 5k more get Biostar TA790GX A3+ @ 6.5k Otherwise stick to the board I said or much better that Sam recommended in the avove post.

4GB DDR3 from Kingston would cost you 5k (Avoid Transcend.....it's service quality(RMA) sucks now). Corsair is over your budget.

And get Sapphire 512MB DDR5 HD5670 @ 5k

BTW....we both have overlooked one main factor. What SMPS do you use?? Your gfx card and other peripherals need a good SMPS. Otherwise you may end up blowing everything.

Last edited:
OP
V

vishyvishy

Broken In
3. hahahaha, its not ram. Sapphire HD5670 is the graphics card,
:oops: Soory! I am abs idiot in this filed! :razz:

1. but anyway ... please tell what about RAM?? Can this graphics card do the job of RAM also if I do not add RAM further beyond current 2GB??

2. My system has 650Watt SMPS/powersupply ... is that ok??

3. This is my screenshot of current system specs just for reference ...

*i47.tinypic.com/25ga0rp.jpg

its good for encoding & rendering work, which needs more cores & ram & can do with inbuilt graphics also

Ohh My God ... Frankly this is my Prime Need really ... I can sacrifice my gaming ambitions for this ... but My PC MUST work great for modeling softwares like solidworks,Catia,3DS Max etc. ...

Prob it was my mistake not mention this priority earlier ...I am sorry.
I never thought both jobs would require different hardware setups for best performance... I thought gaming PC's should work fantastic for encoding and rendering PCs as well... :(

So, Please correct the specification for above need ...

Thanks and warm regards,
vishyvishy

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
1. You again got it wrong mate. RAM and Graphics Card are completely diff. Gfx cards do have some memory(what we call graphics memory) but it's for processing the graphics. Gfx Crd memory is somewhat same to cache memory of Proccy. You can't use that memory. Graphics card processes the graphics(you can say it as a proccy but for processing graphics).

2. 650W PSU should be enough. But tell us the exact model no. Or if possible open the cabinet and you'll find a sticker on SMPS which has a voltage - amp. rating. Post that table. 650W from from crappy iBall, Frontech etc. will no do.

Ya gaming and rendering PC would be of diff config. But you can cont. doing with the other one a lil' in both the config.

@Sam Don't you think buddy x4 630 will be better in this case as his prime needs is rendering app's?? Both 555BE and 955BE can be unlocked to quad but what if they don't unlocks??

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
1. but anyway ... please tell what about RAM?? Can this graphics card do the job of RAM also if I do not add RAM further beyond current 2GB??

2. My system has 650Watt SMPS/powersupply ... is that ok??

1. krishna already answered, so won't repeat same thing.

2. 650W, even if its not from good manufacturer, you shouldn't have problem running a entry level graphics card or no graphics card.

Ohh My God ... Frankly this is my Prime Need really ... I can sacrifice my gaming ambitions for this ... but My PC MUST work great for modeling softwares like solidworks,Catia,3DS Max etc. ...

than get what krishna suggested earlier:

Processor: Phenom II X4 955 3.2GHz B.E. @ 8k
Motherboard: Biostar TA785G3 HD @ 4.2k
Ram: A-Data/Kingston 4Gb DDR3 1333Mhz @ 5.6k (stick to 4Gb ram)
Graphics Card: -
PSU: -
Cabinet: Zebronics Bijli (without bundled PSU) @ 1.2k

Total: 19k. i would advice not to fiddle much with this config. cause even after changing the parts, you can't change performance by a huge margin.

Athlon II X4 630 ---> 4.6k
Biostar TA785G3+ ---> 3.6k
dynite 4Gb DDR3 ram ---> 5.4k
Zebronics Bijli (without bundled PSU) ---> 1.2k

total: 14.8k. with rest of 5.2k, you can add a HD5670 for gaming but i won't recommend this one. if rendering is first priority, go with earlier config. this config good for gaming.

1. You again got it wrong mate. RAM and Graphics Card are completely diff. Gfx cards do have some memory(what we call graphics memory) but it's for processing the graphics. Gfx Crd memory is somewhat same to cache memory of Proccy. You can't use that memory. Graphics card processes the graphics(you can say it as a proccy but for processing graphics).

2. 650W PSU should be enough. But tell us the exact model no. Or if possible open the cabinet and you'll find a sticker on SMPS which has a voltage - amp. rating. Post that table. 650W from from crappy iBall, Frontech etc. will no do.

Ya gaming and rendering PC would be of diff config. But you can cont. doing with the other one a lil' in both the config.

@Sam Don't you think buddy x4 630 will be better in this case as his prime needs is rendering app's?? Both 555BE and 955BE can be unlocked to quad but what if they don't unlocks??

if he into rendering & as from screen shot, monitor's resolution is 1024X768, he can go ahead with IGP also. Crysis & most games will run fine.

for processor, 4Gb ram + a fast proccy with remaining money (will depend on whats left). X4 630 will do, but i really don't trust the X2s. if it don't unlock, he'll suffer.

as for PSU, if he can get a new PSU (if present one is not good), good, else he can continue with current one.

OP
V

vishyvishy

Broken In
Thanks a Lot!! and Great!

Processor is fixed - Phenom II X4 955 3.2GHz B.E. @ 8k

Motherboard is still : Biostar TA785G3 HD @ 4.2k or MSI 785G-E53 (Krishna's Advise) i am still confused here ..

Ram is fixed: - A-Data/Kingston 4Gb DDR3 1333Mhz @ 5.6k (stick to 4Gb ram)
Graphics Card: -
PSU: -
Cabinet: Zebronics Bijli (without bundled PSU) @ 1.2k

warm regards,
vishyvishy

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 PM ----------

A local dealer friend has offered me Rs.7500/- for all Proc MB and RAM combination,

RAM = 2 GB

Is it a good deal?

please have your invaluable judgement ...

regards,
vishyvishy

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Motherboard is still : Biostar TA785G3 HD @ 4.2k or MSI 785G-E53 (Krishna's Advise) i am still confused here ..

if you can afford the MSI board, get it. its a very good one. will cost you 5.3-5.5k

A local dealer friend has offered me Rs.7500/- for all Proc MB and RAM combination,

RAM = 2 GB

Is it a good deal?

good deal. get rid of the old stuff & if possible sell off the PSU & get a new one. this time FSP or Corsair.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
For gfx card fix Sapphire 512MB DDR5 HD5670 @ 5k
You won't need better gfx card as you won't be gaming in that way.

And for PSU Gigabyte Superb 460w @ 2k or FSP Saga II at the same rate(approx). FSP would be better.(As Sam said)

Or if you can afford get Corsair VX450 @ 3.8k and don't think of ever changing it until and unless you get most hi-end config :)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
For gfx card fix Sapphire 512MB DDR5 HD5670 @ 5k
You won't need better gfx card as you won't be gaming in that way.

And for PSU Gigabyte Superb 460w @ 2k or FSP Saga II at the same rate(approx). FSP would be better.(As Sam said)

Or if you can afford get Corsair VX450 @ 3.8k and don't think of ever changing it until and unless you get most hi-end config :)

yes, for 7.5k:
Sapphire HD5670 512Mb: 5.2k
FSP Saga II 400W: 2.2k.

& eat a Pizza with the remaining Rs100 :smile:

OP
V

vishyvishy

Broken In
Sure! :D

Thanks!
So we reach here finally ...

Processor - Phenom II X4 955 3.2GHz B.E.
Motherboard : Biostar TA785G3 HD @ or MSI 785G-E53 ..
Ram : - A-Data/Kingston 4Gb DDR3 1333Mhz
Graphics Card: -Sapphire HD5670 512Mb:
PSU: -FSP Saga II 400W:
Cabinet: Zebronics Bijli (without bundled PSU)

warm regards,
vishyvishy

OP
V

vishyvishy

Broken In
Dear Sir,

A Friend of mine is not happy about above PSU

He says,

"I would go for a lot bigger PSU if I were you. Look for one with 60A on the 12V line to be safe."

please give some thoughts...

regards,
vishyvishy

pulsar_swift

Youngling
you dont require that kind of PSU for your config. A corsair VX 450 will be more than enough. If you have money left you can go for VX550. It will run any card you add,unless you cross fire highend cards

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Dear Sir,

A Friend of mine is not happy about above PSU

He says,

"I would go for a lot bigger PSU if I were you. Look for one with 60A on the 12V line to be safe."

please give some thoughts...

regards,
vishyvishy

your friend have any idea about power consumption, efficiency, etc? i can bet he'll go for a Frontech or Zebronics 600W PSU rather than a trust (& Über silent) FSP. they makes world class PSU. get that eye closed.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
lol.......I won't hurt your friends feelings but you wont need such a hi-end PSU if you do not intend to crossfire. The suggested PSU will be more than enough considering some upgrades later.

a2mn2002

keen to learn..
bro help me out.
1. Amd x6 or intel i5 i7.?
2. Which one shoud i invest & why?
3. X6 is good 4 gaming &
4. Intel i5 future proof.?
5. My uses r hd games + progrming + hd movies etc.

Top Bottom