Please help me in choosing a Good Circumaural Headphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

emmarbee

Journeyman
Hi Digitians,
Good to see you back after a long time. I'm in need of some guidance.

I'm looking for a good Circumaural headphones.

Usage: 50% Music, 40% Movies and 10% Games.

But only while listening to music, I look for quality(sheer quality). While watching movies and playing games, I tend to forget about sound quality.

Setup: Creative Titanium Fatal1ty Pro + Logitech Z5500. Mostly I'll be connecting the headphones to the control pod of the Z5500. (I guess it downmixes the 5.1 to stereo for movies and passes the stereo sound as it is for stereo music) But if you guys tell me that, connecting the jack directly to the sound card sounds better I will connect with them too.

Budget: Preferably around 2.5K(will be left out with some money to buy few more CDs) and maximum of 5K(I have to empty my piggy bank).

Shortlisted Models So far: Sennheiser HD485, HD555, HD280 Pro and other Supraaural Models like HD415, HD435, HD465.
Thought of considering Grado SR60, but i'm concerned about its availability and the warranty stuff. I'm not sure whether the sound quality is that good to give up on the other stuff.

But still, if you feel like there are some other good headphones like SR60, let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom