Please help me in buying a laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

vineetrocks2005

In the zone
I want to buy a new laptop within a day or two. I have selected Dell Studio 15 as the laptop of my choice. Is it good, or should I consider any other laptop. Please help. I can spend upto 48,000 on a laptop not more than that. I want a laptop just for some programming, watching movies, and part time blogging..

Please Help

Thank You

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
Good choice. The Studio 15 is good enough for all your needs but the integrated 4500MHD graphics won't be enough to decode 1080p video. Upgrade it to the Mobility Radeon HD 3450 if it's within the budget.

marshallz

Be cOoL NiGgEr``
ok... thanks :), anyone else who can help me

>
>
>
thats a good choice.. check for studio 17 as well.. an ya dell usually has 2-3 config under the same model . so check for the best RAM and AGP congfig under studio 15.

NOTE: WATEVA YOU BUY DONT BUY HP OR COMPAQ LAPTOPS>>> THEY DONT GIVE DRIVERS.!!!

Vishal Patil

Linux all the way
Better go for graphics card instead of bigger screen, if you are going to keep it for many years. Also its better to have a graphics card coz eveybody does watch few movies.

OP
V

vineetrocks2005

In the zone
At last I am increasing my budget to 52,000 and I am going with this config
<see the screenshot below>

*img157.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=29299_1_122_960lo.jpg

Now is it alright ?

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
Almost perfect. Can you upgrade the screen from 1280x800 to 1440x900 or if the budget allows even 1920x1200?

It might seem like a lot of money for just higher resolution but you'll really enjoy it while watching movies and multitasking with several programs open at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom