Please help in PC upgradation

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayushman9

Journeyman
Friends ,i have a celeron 600 mhz ,128 mb ram,riva tnt 2 ,a very antique configuration and it is high time i get rid of it:( .However due to uneven prices of LCD/TFT monitors i thought that it is better to assemble :confused:than buying . The purchase will be made in august/September . My needs are mid level gaming , programming( in Linux ) ,and of course home entertainment .You see my PC should perform all type of home entertainment except watching tv .Bud jet is about Rs 30000 not more . [highlight]And yes please suggest the graphics card in range of 3k to 7k ( As Personally i don't think a technology which is changing at the rate of NEW MODEL PER 3 MONTH is worth paying for:rolleyes::rolleyes: )[/highlight] .I will be satisfied if the game run in playable fps in 800 x 600 to 1024 x 768 with low to medium settings.And 160 GB is okey with me.Howver if you are suggesting a DX 10 based card than please give it under the specified budget only.

And i also need a 5.1 speaker with a good sound card ,i only one to hear nice music not best .

I will be very glad/okey if you point towards any other topics in the forum related with this as i got confused in searching .

And yes please suggest how much time should i wait to buy the tft monitor . I am satisfied between 17 to 21 inch widescreen.Please pay attention while postingthat price changes may occur and DX10 games are not coming soon. and of course the dx 10 cards are relative too high in cost compared to their life validity.

Last edited:

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+
ASUS M2NPV-VM ( both mobo and proc=> 13K)
Transcend/Kingston 512MB X 2 DDR2
Western digital/Segate Sata2 250 GB
Zebronics Peace
BENQ/Liteon/SONY dvd writer
Graphics card if ur gamer...8600GT- approx 7K
Creative speakers 5.1

OP
ayushman9

ayushman9

Journeyman
can you specify the exact OFFICIAL price ,ie the price as listed by the retailer as when i asked a local dealer he said that 8600 gt cost about 18 k :(but you have listed as 7k:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom