Please comment on this i5 based PC Config - Budget 60k (Without monitor-speakers)

shampoofactor

Right off the assembly line
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')

Ans: Two primary uses: 01. Use Adobe applications for design like Photoshop, Fireworks. 02. Play Games - FIFA, StarCraft, Halo.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 60k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7 (8 when available)

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 500 GB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: No. I have a BenQ2200 HD (1920 x 1090)

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Monitor, Keyboard, Speakers

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Immediately

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Assembler.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Bangalore. Will be buying online from flipkart/other sites.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I'm looking for the best future safe config (As always under the budget of 60k).

Here's the config that I came up after some research, and recommendations from a friend. The prices are from flipkart.

Processor - Intel i5-3570k
Mobo - ASUS P8Z77-M
Graphics Card - Zotac NVIDIA GeForce GTX650 2GB
RAM - G.Skill RipjawsX 8 GB RAM
HDD - WD Caviar Blue 500 GB Internal Hard Drive
PSU - Seasonic S12II 620 Watts PSU
Cabinet - Corsair 400R Mid Tower Cabinet

Question:
a. Do I also need a cooler like Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Cooler with this config?
b. Are all the parts in this config compatible?

The price of all this on flipkart is Rs. 57,520.

I also need to get a UPS which will take care of the remaining budget.

Appreciate your help in this.

vkl

Cyborg Agent
^^At what price are you getting Zotac NVIDIA GeForce GTX650?
Rest everything seems fine.Just add an after market cooler for overclocking.i5 3570k heats somewhat.When overclocked it heats quite a lot.

OP
S

shampoofactor

^^At what price are you getting Zotac NVIDIA GeForce GTX650?
Rest everything seems fine.Just add an after market cooler for overclocking.i5 3570k heats somewhat.When overclocked it heats quite a lot.

Flipkart price for the GTX650 is 10,416.

Zotac NVIDIA GeForce GTX650 2GB 2 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card | Graphics Card | Flipkart.com

Thanks for the cooler comment, Will the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Cooler suffice?

ninz

Broken In
the motherboard is not for you it will be waste of money coz you are not going to use it to its optimum level, get Gigabyte GA-Z77P-D3 Motherboard instead and for the ram one 4gb would be more than enough (coz same reason you wont use for the purpose) . Now with that cash saved put it on graphics card geforce gtx 560ti which is much much much (3X) better and more over you will using every penny of it.:wink:

and for the cooler, it depends how hard you are going to use the pc.

happy shopping

vkl

Cyborg Agent
For moderate overclocking cm hyper 212 evo is enough.
Gtx 650 is not worth the money.HD7770 performs better than gtx650.
MSI R7770 @8.1k

OP
S

shampoofactor

the motherboard is not for you it will be waste of money coz you are not going to use it to its optimum level, get Gigabyte GA-Z77P-D3 Motherboard instead and for the ram one 4gb would be more than enough (coz same reason you wont use for the purpose) . Now with that cash saved put it on graphics card geforce gtx 560ti which is much much much (3X) better and more over you will using every penny of it.:wink:

and for the cooler, it depends how hard you are going to use the pc.

happy shopping

4gb is never enough when one opens up 35 photoshop files of 100-150 MB each at the same time, while having 35 tabs open in chrome at the same time.:-D

ninz

Broken In
4gb is never enough when one opens up 35 photoshop files of 100-150 MB each at the same time, while having 35 tabs open in chrome at the same time.:-D

woooo 35 photoshop thats super heavy duty
i am a designer and a part time photographer (hobby) even i dont need to open that much. then i am wrong you will need 8 gb ram.
but still dont buy 650, get 560 ti.

one more thing, I thought you are not going to go for overclocking then why there is discussion on over clocking?

acewin

Point Blanc
or rather you can get 7850 2GB card in around 15K, I suppose you need more VRAM that is why you chose GT650 which has 2GB option.
try to get the products locally to have better price.

Myth

Cyborg Agent
OP said he doesnt want to OC but suggested a k series proc and a z77 mobo. :|

Take a non OC proc and similar mobo. Save money.
Invest in a good GPU( like acewin suggested in the above post), 8gb ram(ensure 64-bit OS), Corsair GS600 ( sufficient with plenty headroom ).
CM Hyper 212 EVO Cooler is optional for non-OC systems but a cooler proc always performs better. Buy it if you have some spare cash after purchasing the required items first.

Try for a 1TB HDD. Everybody eventually needs more space.

Last edited:

Myth

Cyborg Agent
wud say 2TB, because difference between 1TB and 2 TB is 1K

Even better. I think PS generates quite large sized files, game sizes arent getting any smaller. And one can also store a truckload of movies on the HDD rather than in other cds,dvds.

skywalker5555

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')

Ans: Two primary uses: 01. Use Adobe applications for design like Photoshop, Fireworks. 02. Play Games - FIFA, StarCraft, Halo.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 60k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7 (8 when available)

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 500 GB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: No. I have a BenQ2200 HD (1920 x 1090)

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Monitor, Keyboard, Speakers

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Immediately

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Assembler.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Bangalore. Will be buying online from flipkart/other sites.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I'm looking for the best future safe config (As always under the budget of 60k).

Here's the config that I came up after some research, and recommendations from a friend. The prices are from flipkart.

Processor - Intel i5-3570k
Mobo - ASUS P8Z77-M
Graphics Card - Zotac NVIDIA GeForce GTX650 2GB
RAM - G.Skill RipjawsX 8 GB RAM
HDD - WD Caviar Blue 500 GB Internal Hard Drive
PSU - Seasonic S12II 620 Watts PSU
Cabinet - Corsair 400R Mid Tower Cabinet

Question:
a. Do I also need a cooler like Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Cooler with this config?
b. Are all the parts in this config compatible?

The price of all this on flipkart is Rs. 57,520.

I also need to get a UPS which will take care of the remaining budget.

Appreciate your help in this.

620Watts is absolutely an over kill 520 can easily handle the rig
instead od WD buy Seagate
RAM 2*4GB kit

acewin

Point Blanc
true but still 620W is better for future additions

I suggest you get 1.1 KVA APC comes in 5.5-6K, try to go to SP road and get price deal for other products.
APC UPS get it from Golcha@SP Road, they have good price on 1.1VA always
and if you are not OCing you can save up 1.5-2K on proccy, but mobo is fine in the budget range it is preferable to have 8-11K mobo

skywalker5555

Broken In
true but still 620W is better for future additions

I suggest you get 1.1 KVA APC comes in 5.5-6K, try to go to SP road and get price deal for other products.
APC UPS get it from Golcha@SP Road, they have good price on 1.1VA always
and if you are not OCing you can save up 1.5-2K on proccy, but mobo is fine in the budget range it is preferable to have 8-11K mobo

In Future the fabrication process will shrink, so less power consuming gfx and Proccy's will b there ... and if u think of SLIing or crossfire after an year its absolutely not worth it
SINGLE CARD SOLUTION IS ALWAYS BETTER

ninz

Broken In
in pc bigger is always better, it doesnt matter you are going to take advantage of it or not. everyone love (to brag) latest and faster systems.
what matter now is that OP should consider about the mobo and graphics card, coz of the budget issue. my suggestion is he should alter the price between the two.

Last edited:
OP
S

shampoofactor

Thanks for your responses. As far as I can summarise, most of you recommend using a non k series processor since I'm not interested in OC. And you would recommend a 560ti GPU instead as a better combo. Also a hyper cooler is recommended.

What processor would you recommend? Is the i5 3550 (13.5k on FK) sufficient in this regard.
And also the difference between a k series and non-k series is something that only affects OC requirements? I wouldn't want to lose out on a significant performance upgrade unless there's no difference between the two apart from that the k-series allows OCing.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
For faster processing at base speeds the i5 3550 or a 3570 is way more than enough for photo editing. Since you wont overclock get cheaper RAM but more RAM.

My suggestion for Core Components would be:

i5 3450 - Rs 11800
Gigabyte GA-H77M-D3H /ASRock H77 Pro 4-MVP - Rs 6700
CORSAIR VENGEANCE LOW PROFILE 8GB (4GBx2) (CML8GX3M2A1600C9) - Rs 2548
Western Digital 500GB WD5000AAKX - Rs 3600
GPU - ZOTAC GTX 560 TI DDR5 1GB - Rs 13700 or MSI R7850-1GD5/OC Graphics Card - Rs 14600
Cabinet Corsair 400R - Rs 4900
PSU - Seasonic S12II-520 520W - Rs 4386

Total - Rs 47,634.

The saved money can be used to buy a 60 GB SSD for OS and Important APPS.

ninz

Broken In
Thanks for your responses. As far as I can summarise, most of you recommend using a non k series processor since I'm not interested in OC. And you would recommend a 560ti GPU instead as a better combo. Also a hyper cooler is recommended.

What processor would you recommend? Is the i5 3550 (13.5k on FK) sufficient in this regard.
And also the difference between a k series and non-k series is something that only affects OC requirements? I wouldn't want to lose out on a significant performance upgrade unless there's no difference between the two apart from that the k-series allows OCing.

the difference between a K & non K series is that in a K series overclocking is smooth, easy and OC above 700 MHz though a non K series processor can also be slightly OC but not at the extend as a K series.( both the 3570k & 3570 will perform similarly if no OC is done on the former.)
so k series are meant for extreme overclocking, which you are not going to do thats why no k series for you and NO NEED of hyper cooler.

no dont roll down to 3550 stick with 3570 its much better and the price difference is only 700-800 bugs, dude its not even 1000. Tell me what will you do with Rs.700 that you saved,'treat frens for the new rig". LOL

OP
S

shampoofactor

For faster processing at base speeds the i5 3550 or a 3570 is way more than enough for photo editing. Since you wont overclock get cheaper RAM but more RAM.

My suggestion for Core Components would be:

i5 3450 - Rs 11800
Gigabyte GA-H77M-D3H /ASRock H77 Pro 4-MVP - Rs 6700
CORSAIR VENGEANCE LOW PROFILE 8GB (4GBx2) (CML8GX3M2A1600C9) - Rs 2548
Western Digital 500GB WD5000AAKX - Rs 3600
GPU - ZOTAC GTX 560 TI DDR5 1GB - Rs 13700 or MSI R7850-1GD5/OC Graphics Card - Rs 14600
Cabinet Corsair 400R - Rs 4900
PSU - Seasonic S12II-520 520W - Rs 4386

Total - Rs 47,634.

The saved money can be used to buy a 60 GB SSD for OS and Important APPS.

Thanks for this suggestion mate. I'm looking at 3550, the h77 mobo and remaining as you suggested.
Where can I get the RAM you suggested? Couldn't find it online on flipkart or smc.

the difference between a K & non K series is that in a K series overclocking is smooth, easy and OC above 700 MHz though a non K series processor can also be slightly OC but not at the extend as a K series.( both the 3570k & 3570 will perform similarly if no OC is done on the former.)
so k series are meant for extreme overclocking, which you are not going to do thats why no k series for you and NO NEED of hyper cooler.

no dont roll down to 3550 stick with 3570 its much better and the price difference is only 700-800 bugs, dude its not even 1000. Tell me what will you do with Rs.700 that you saved,'treat frens for the new rig". LOL

Is there any significant performance difference between 3550 and the 3570? Reason being the cost difference between 3570 and its k cousin is hardly 700 bucks again. If I'm not getting a k version, I should be able to save some money there. 1500 will definitely help. Maybe not much for you, but I'm on a budget :)

Top Bottom