please clear my doubt

praveenkumark1990

Right off the assembly line
hi everyone i have one doubt since i am new to computer my UPS is not working for past 4 days i gave it to service and i am now using without UPS my system gets off due to voltage fluctuation in last 4 day it got turned off in between nearly 100 times i have one doubt when system suddenly gets turnoff due to voltage fluctuation several times whether hardware gets damaged or not within posting this thread my system turn off 6 times :sad::sad: please clear my doubt and whether its ok working like that

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
No, it's not OK. The component that's most likely to suffer first is the hard disk.

But other parts could also get damaged if power goes on and off so often. Most electrical and electronic products are highly stressed at the moment they are turned on (and sometimes when they are turned off).

And please use punctuations.

abhidev

Human Spambot
buddy...due to these fluctuations...i have already damaged 2 hdds...so its advisable to use UPS and spike guard

OP
P

praveenkumark1990

Right off the assembly line
No, it's not OK. The component that's most likely to suffer first is the hard disk.

But other parts could also get damaged if power goes on and off so often. Most electrical and electronic products are highly stressed at the moment they are turned on (and sometimes when they are turned off).

And please use punctuations.

ok thanks pimpom

susancts

Broken In
Most of the fluctuations must be due to the faulty UPS or probably the battery life is over and it is not retaining charge any more. Working like that could be hazardous for electronic components in your system.

It is advisable to replace your UPS or battery in case you could not get rid of fluctuations even after fully charging it. And yes, whether your UPS is ON or OFF, you can charge it anyway.

Top Bottom