Please advise a mobile in 15-21k

chinmaya

Journeyman
hi guys, i am looking to buy a phone (android) with decent capabilities. My requirements

Budget is
15-21k. buying in india

Display type and size:
touch >=3.7inch preferably 4.3inch

Preferred choice of brand?
Any brand which has less problems and acceptable service. i stay in hyderabad

What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera.
min 5mp camera with af and need flash

Preferred operating system?
Android Windows Phone etc

Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly.
everything. NFC not compulsory

10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)?
Lots of multimedia and gaming, camera, occasional browsing for 1 hour.

I play a lot of games so the phone should be able to play these games flawlessly. i hate lags, so the interface and functioning of the phone must be smooth.
The higher resolution the better. Prefer dual cores (ensures lag free performance)

I'll be using the phone for the next two years so it should be future proof.(to some extent- i know technology cannot be future proof)

I'll need more than 16 gb of space (in case of internal, in case of expandable memory i'll just buy a memory card)

Had a look at Samsung galaxy s advance and sony xperia sola

But still doubtful because read some reviews about network and battery issues in advance and display and wifi issues in sola.

I can wait for a few days. Please suggest.

I got an offer of 18k for a 4 month old galaxy s2 in v. good condition with all accessories and the warranty would provided by samsung. is it worth buying?

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
samsung galaxy nexus (16 gb internal...not expandable but preferable)
motorola atrix 2 (expandable memory but least preferable in front of above one..)

galaxy s2 is also a good one..but why does that guy wish to sell it??

aroraanant

Explorer
S2 has got a price cut recently, if it is a 4 months old phone then try getting it for around 16k.
Apart from that I suggest you to buy a new phone, I don't recommend 2nd hand phones.
Have a look at One S, it is easily available in market for 25k so if you buy it from ebay using some coupon you can get it for 23k

OP
C

chinmaya

Journeyman
samsung galaxy nexus (16 gb internal...not expandable but preferable)
motorola atrix 2 (expandable memory but least preferable in front of above one..)

galaxy s2 is also a good one..but why does that guy wish to sell it??

it is a second hand phone available at a shop. i'll need more than 16gb usable memory.

S2 has got a price cut recently, if it is a 4 months old phone then try getting it for around 16k.
Apart from that I suggest you to buy a new phone, I don't recommend 2nd hand phones.
Have a look at One S, it is easily available in market for 25k so if you buy it from ebay using some coupon you can get it for 23k

the one S has 16gb fixed memory which would not be sufficient as usable memory would be only 12-13gb. does ebay give cod? because i dont have a card. How about xperia S?

aroraanant

Explorer
the one S has 16gb fixed memory which would not be sufficient as usable memory would be only 12-13gb. does ebay give cod? because i dont have a card. How about xperia S?
ebay doesn't give COD, but there is option of COD on some(very few) products on ebay.
Xperia S is also a good option.

atrix 2 would be best for you...8 gb internal and expandable too...
The UI is crap and also they will be shutting down all of their operations very soon so if any problem occurs one won't be able to get it repaired.

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
where you heard that? from a Atrix 2 user or someone who shouts anti-Moto slogans all the time?

exactly...weird thing found in this forum...if i had +3k i too would have bought atrix 2 instead of xperia p without bill...

ebay doesn't give COD, but there is option of COD on some(very few) products on ebay.
Xperia S is also a good option.

The UI is crap and also they will be shutting down all of their operations very soon so if any problem occurs one won't be able to get it repaired.

why to use motoblur UI then?? lots of launchers available like nova, go, tsf, spb...they also give performance over looks..m sure there's no one in this forum using stock UI...stock UI looks n sounds good at the start like couple of days...then u definitely become bored of it n try new apps on your phone...also u gonna delete those extra panes, widgets, animations for faster and smoother experience n to free ram memory as well..:)

n why to bother about service...?? NOTHING HAPPENS TO ANY PHONE FOR THE FIRST YEAR...whats the use of warranty then...?
Atrix 2 is great phone...

Last edited:

perplexed

Journeyman
Motorola has announced thhat they are gonna wind up their India operations soon.. this is a FACT !! The only reason I find not to go with Atrix 2 currently available for 19k on flipkart. Otherwise I would say Xperia P with 1 GB is decent enough cell to last coming 2-3 years.

Top Bottom