PlayStation2 gamepad on PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

allindrome

Journeyman
I have read a lot of articles about using PlayStation 2 gamepads on PC using a PlayStation to USB convertor.I was wondering whether such a convertor would be available in Mumbai and what would be the price of a new PS2 gamepad.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
No no no ....Friend you got it all wrong...!
By PS2 Gamepad it means Play station 2 game pad.
By USB To PS/2 Means the PS/2 Port on the computer....the ps2 port used to attach only key board's and mice.
So you cannot convert a Play station 2 Game pad to Computer thorough conversation port.

But be happy the Good point is you can directly have Game Pad exactly like PS2 ( Sony Play station ) Ones .
I got one for me to Play Need for Speed Underground 2 on my PC ...
Here is the picture ..this one is USB port Pad with Twin Shock controller.
*img.photobucket.com/albums/v466/freshseasons/gamepad.jpg
Best luck and a Hapy new Year

Sourabh

Laptoping
well here is mine

*img37.exs.cx/img37/2426/twinshock5ml.jpg

i guess this is descent looking than freshseasons :wink:

dun mind it dude just kiddin!!

OP
A

allindrome

Journeyman
I exactly meant PlayStation 2 gamepad and not the PS/2 port.I guess I didn't put that correctly enough the first time.Anyway I wanted to use an actual PlayStation 2 gamepad and not a cheap ( don't mind it ) imitation of it.

moshel

Padawan
freshseasons said:
No no no ....Friend you got it all wrong...!
By PS2 Gamepad it means Play station 2 game pad.
By USB To PS/2 Means the PS/2 Port on the computer....the ps2 port used to attach only key board's and mice.
So you cannot convert a Play station 2 Game pad to Computer thorough conversation port.

But be happy the Good point is you can directly have Game Pad exactly like PS2 ( Sony Play station ) Ones .
I got one for me to Play Need for Speed Underground 2 on my PC ...
Here is the picture ..this one is USB port Pad with Twin Shock controller.

That is just the thing i am looking for, the type of controller you have. Eventhough it is an imitation of the ps2 controller. i still liked it. and i will buy one for myself.
Can you please tell me what company make is it or if it has any name so that i can check it out in the market here if it is available

OP
A

allindrome

Journeyman
Okay I might settle for the cheap imitations provided they are really cheap and worth it in terms of quality.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
it is available for rs 400 only in delhi nehru place. the one sourabh has. nice pad for reasonable price

*img37.exs.cx/img37/2426/twinshock5ml.jpg

moshel

Padawan
tarey_g said:
it is available for rs 400 only in delhi nehru place. the one sourabh has. nice pad for reasonable price

Ok But can u give me its name, make or anything so that i can search for it in local market. i dont know anyone in delhi.

Jatin_T

Journeyman
Well.i got Tghis one from Lamington Road for Rs.600(i know i was doped...coz its real price is 400..but ...i m a dumbo!!)
Its the Same one as a Few Guys Have posted..its called TWINSHOCK
And its marketed by Cyber Multimedia(Gurgaon,Haryana) in India ...
It MRP is 1299...btu its easily available for Rs.500 or less...
U can get it from Baazee for Rs.890..i think

Theres also another one available which is exactly like the Playastion 2 one..(Twinshock has different Direction button..its just one sinde disc..while the PS2 has 4 buttons...)
It was for abt Rs.500 at Lamington Road..Mumbai
Hope this helps ya..its really great.changes the way u play and also u can play 2 player! :wink:

borg

In the zone
People, if you want a Playstation like controller, but don't want cheap stuff, then may I suggest to you the Gravis Eliminator aftershock controller?. I have it & it is top class. It cost me Rs. 2700/- (on fabmall.com). It has two analog sticks, vibration & two precision buttons. Also comes with excellent software. A good buy if you ask me. Go here-

*www.gravis.com/products/pro_eli_d1022.html

Sourabh

Laptoping
Well not everyone has the money for Gravis Eliminator aftershock controller !!

who wod wanna go in for such a costly thing when u can get something which looks more decent than the costly one and has the same features

I had brot this twinshock gamepad some one and a half yrs back for almost twice the money quoted by ppl
but i m not whining coz i love my gamepad very much

do tell me wht games u play with these gamepads

personally i have played the following games

:arrow: EA FIFA SERIES
:arrow: TONY HAWK SERIES
:arrow: NFS SERIES
and some other games

but can someone tell me how to use this USB gamepad in nes emulators. i had real probs configuring it in NES emulators. i have played on the NES emulators with the game port game pads which are very easy to configure

wht i feel is that , just as USB printers cant print in mS-DOS the USB gamepads dont work in MS-DOS NES emulators

i mebbe wrong in here too

but i wod love to play these nes games with the gamepad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom