Playstation 2 isn't working!!! :(

Discussion in 'Gamerz' started by nsidd75, Mar 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nsidd75

nsidd75 2 hld a pen = 2 be @ war

Hello fellas!

I really don't know if i am posting it in the wrong thread (do please tell me the correct one if it isn't)!

I have a PS2 console i bought in last may in UK. but now there seems to be some problem. I can't get it on... first the game DVDs werenj't running. But now the whole thing isn't starting... i am quite apprehensive of taking it to local people as they might do more harm than good to it.

so, somebody please tell me where i can take it to...

yours sincerely,

sid

2. readermaniax

readermaniax New Member

Hey take your ps to sonyworld theyll help you on it

3. pickster

pickster Professional Layabout.

Modding?

You sure it isin't modded? [i.e. Does it have a mod chip in it to run pirated copies of DVD's?] Sometimes modding can do serious harm in there? If it isn't then you can take it to a Sony Workshop so that they can rectify the problem [not sure about this part ]but first you should call them & confirm about it at Toll - Free no. 1600-11-11-88

4. imported_tarang

imported_tarang New Member

if u r a hardcore gamer, i know how u r feeling now after u got PS2 and its not working. it feels like to smack it twice.
    realy contact SONY coz. i hope it is the original one. keep calling until they answer

5. OP
    OP
    nsidd75

Hi all!

Thank you mates for the answers! Its of course not modded... i was still running the original DVDs on it. more than me my cousin (who is using it) is the hardcore gamer! unfortunately (or fortunately) he is still a kid and doens't know much about these things.

one more thing, the fellows to whom my uncle took it to said you need a stabilizer for it... else it gets blown up... anything of that sort????

sincerly yours

sid

6. pickster

pickster Professional Layabout.

Stabilizer

It is not necessary that your PS2 will blow up if you dont use a stabilizer but having a stabilizer certainly helps as there are sometimes voltage fluctuations here. I haven't heard of any PS2 blowin' up but it may cause some damage in certain cases.

7. dIgItaL_BrAt

dIgItaL_BrAt New Member

Electronic devices are very susceptible to damage due to volatage fluctuations,so it's better to be safe than sorry.

8. OP
    OP
    nsidd75

hi guys!

thanks for getting back to me... i was actually a bit wrong in expressing that a PS2 would 'blow up' but i didn't get any other expresssion. sorry!

but i have been trying to get to their sites in india. i tried their site but coldn't find anything specific about playstation (or was i missing something!?) i'll call them and then get back to you with further updates.

sid

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.