Playlist editing issue

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Well, let me first give a background of the scenario.

I use KMPlayer for listening audio. I created this playlist having 200 songs. The source of the songs were in an external drive. Now due to certain changes in h/w the external drive letter has changed (from J: to M:) and as an obvious the songs are not playing.

Now give me a solution so that I can edit the playlist to redirect the songs to play from new address (the folder structure is same only the drive letter changed)

S/W used: KMPlayer
Playlist format: M3U format
Drive letter changed: from J: to M:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
I dont think there is any other way then re-creating a play list and re-adding files.

You may also try to create shortcuts of the songs in the previous location. That might do the trick :D

Asmeet

Broken In
Hmm kinda same proble also occured with me but I am using iTunes.
I use a simple solution. I opened the playlist in MS word now use the find and replace function to chance "/J:/" to "/M:/" . It worked for me as itunes stores files in its library as file:///C:/ so it was quite simple as nothing like /C:/ would exits in the name of any of the Music files you have so it won't corrupt them just change the drive letter. But if you try to change J to M it will also change them in the names of the songs which will cause trouble hence do the way I wrote above

OP
rhitwick

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Hmm kinda same proble also occured with me but I am using iTunes.
I use a simple solution. I opened the playlist in MS word now use the find and replace function to chance "/J:/" to "/M:/" . It worked for me as itunes stores files in its library as file:///C:/ so it was quite simple as nothing like /C:/ would exits in the name of any of the Music files you have so it won't corrupt them just change the drive letter. But if you try to change J to M it will also change them in the names of the songs which will cause trouble hence do the way I wrote above

I just did that yesterday. Though, I opened it in notepad, replace all "J:" to "M:".

Now, when I open the playlist I find there are two entries of each song. One that plays and one that won't!!!

I opened the playlist again but found no repeatation there. I tried deleting duplicate entries from the palylist and saving as new, that too did not work.

OP
rhitwick

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Guys problem solved. And it was with me only. No issues with KMP. Sh1t, I was so dumb.

Actually I had selected an option in KMP so that it would open all similar files in a folder. Now my modified playlist and old corrupted playlist were at same place. Everytime I clicked on the new one KMP also loaded the old one too.

Thus a working entry and non-working entry in playlist. Sh1t (happens)

Top Bottom