play videos through LCD tv

sumangh01

Broken In
Hello Guys... I have a LCd tv (Full HD) with HDMI port, a Sony Home theater system which can play only AVI file with codec divx AND XVID. Also I have lots of movie in my 1TB external hdd formatted with NTFS. among these movies, videos there are many type file system with numerous codec. so i am totally unable to play/enjoy the movies in my tv. please suggest a cheap option to play all the movies/videos. also future proof option would be a great idea. I am from Kolkata, India.
If any further information is required please let me know!

OP
S

sumangh01

Broken In
You can get a HD media player like Asus OPlay mini for around 4k. It will play almost all the formats.

Thanks reniarahim1, Actually I thought of it. but is it a future proof? means i heard that it may not able to play all the files. however is there any other alternative. Thanks once again.:-D

abhidev

Human Spambot
it is future proof coz it has support for almost all media codecs...and also the companies do release firmware upgrades for new features....

OP
S

sumangh01

Broken In
thanks guys! I bought the Asus o play mini yesterday. I will upload photos and details in the new buy section within next 2 days.

Top Bottom