Play GTA V on 12GB PS3 Console

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Can i play GTA V with this console? It is available for 16k at FK and i am so tempted to buy, but just want to make sure i can play the only game i would like to play with this console.

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
^ GTA 5 require only 8 gb of require install , So you can definitely play it . But Be warned , buying 12gb is not recommended because of several reason

1) If you get psn plus membership and want to download free game , then you may face problem . For eg infamous 2 was 14gb when it was available for psplus user for free

2) Not much space for storing music , video , soundtrack digital games etc .

You can easily get ps3 160 gb for 15k if you search some good store/online store .

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Not getting 160GB for 15k, anywhere. even 12GB put me to 16k. If you can find any good deal which i am missing, please post here.

And one more, is it better to get PS4 in few months or get PS3?

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
Well if i were you , i would wait for atleast 1 year for ps4 to establish some good exclusive title . And Even though we are mostly a pc gamer , there are some of the best game in ps3 that we need to experience like

Last of US ( masterpiece in term of story telling and character development)
Heavy rain ( there is no other game like it , except maybe indigo prophecy)
Infamous series ( best super hero game after batman series )
Journey ( probably the most relaxing game with amazing soundtrack)
Metal gear series ( Solid snake :cool: )
Uncharted series , gow series etc etc . Sony will support ps3 atleast for 2 more year . It has strong lineup for game in 2014 .

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
I can't stretch my budget above 17k, and all i can find for that price is 12GB version :facepalm:

Where can i find some good deal for PS3?

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
Not getting 160GB for 15k, anywhere. even 12GB put me to 16k. If you can find any good deal which i am missing, please post here.

And one more, is it better to get PS4 in few months or get PS3?

if you are okay with used console , i see many people selling their ps3 160gb @ erodov/Indianvideogamer/techenclave forum for 10k .

Gollum

Collector
just get the 12gb version. You can always uninstall a game when wanted.
moreover I doubt you will download any games off PSN.
Not all games install data on the Hard drive in large quantity.
ps3 is a game console, its kind of idiotic to move you videos and music to it when you are short on disk space.

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
Ps3 is not just gaming device, why wouldn't anyone store videos and music ? What about demos, DLC , Or game soundtrack?what about big patches like that of bf3? What about downloading f2p games like killzone 3 or uc3 mp?What about psn game? Cod ghost is available for 4.2k @ retail but it can be purchase digitally for 2.5k, do you think 12gb is enough?

Gollum

Collector
Ps3 is not just gaming device, why wouldn't anyone store videos and music ? What about demos, DLC , Or game soundtrack?what about big patches like that of bf3? What about downloading f2p games like killzone 3 or uc3 mp?What about psn game? Cod ghost is available for 4.2k @ retail but it can be purchase digitally for 2.5k, do you think 12gb is enough?

depends on everyone's requirement.

gameranand

Living to Play
Still 12 GB is way too low. It may look nice for now but later it would create problem, I would advice to avoid that console.

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
These idiots stopped 160GB version which was retailed around 16k. :(

Now there are only 500GB and 12 GB version in the first hand market.

You can get 320GB versions in IVG and all.. I had to buy a 500GB version myself for the very same reason. :) But believe me, its worht it.. I have played all the must plays excluding GOW (i dint like it) and now playing GTA V. The next in line is AC black flag and Arkham origins

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
^^ Great. Even when I was looking for one, I couldn't find a single 160GB. The 16k price was great for it. But Sony stopped manufacturing it.

Then got a 320GB with 3 Months warranty from IVG for 12k.

But as you already said, you won't get it on that price now, mainly because of GTA V.

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ Now, what i am planning is, better to wait for GTA V PC release. People are greedy. Because of GTA V, everybody up their console price at their will. :|

Top Bottom