Play Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 without DVD

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
I have bought CoD MW2 dvd recently and want to know how I can play the game without the DVD?

In the past I have used pir@ted stuff mostly so never bothered about no DVD thing since I was using Virtual DVD Rom.

But now with licensed copy, is there a way to get rid of the DVD? I tried on google but it ends up giving some cracks and patches which I dont really want to use as it may affect online game play.

Any suggestions?

gameranand

Living to Play
If you have the legitimate version then I guess using crack is no harm as you have already payed for that stuff.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
If you own the game.. just download any no dvd patch. Bypassing security is not particularly illegal if you own the game.

I think, it won't interfere with MP launcher. All the CoD will have dedicated launchers for SP and MP. And IIRC, MP exec does not have any disc checking security. Only the key checking. Which happens when you are in the MP game.

Piyush

Lanaya
yes
no dvd patch is ok if you own the game
I did the same thing for GTA 4 and some other titles too

COD MW2 is only playable through steam AFAIK. You need to activate it through steam once. Then you can play offline by using steam in ofline mode.

OP
Akshay

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
I will first complete the game in offline mode.. So i guess I will try the no dvd patch then.. TY

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
COD MW2 is only playable through steam AFAIK. You need to activate it through steam once. Then you can play offline by using steam in ofline mode.
Yup the retail copy it can be activated in Steam.
*support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-WUSF-3601

rchi84

In the zone
If MW2 can be activated on Steam, create an account, activate it and download it to your computer. you no longer need the DVD, as the game is always available to dload and install, until steam closes forever (not gonna happen for a decade atleast. They just have to release Half Life 3 if Valve is ever in financial trouble, lol).

Steam doesn't need your DVD in the drive, but I don't know if you have a broadband connection, which could be one of the issues.

Alok

Adventurer
@zangetsu you mean making iso of dvd and mount. I don't think it'll work , i have experienced it with many games like Diablo2, Prince of persia,etc.. . Well didn't did with this one.

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
@zangetsu you mean making iso of dvd and mount. I don't think it'll work , i have experienced it with many games like Diablo2, Prince of persia,etc.. . Well didn't did with this one.
I agree...Don't know about CoD, but with GTA 4 I tried the same and game threw an error saying "please insert original disk instead of backup disk"..:|

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
COD: MW2 has to be activated on steam durng install, and so doesnt require DVD.

COD4:MW1 is a different game.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
@Kola2842,Nipun: well when we have to insert the original DVD while playing the Deamon tools/Virtual CD method will surely work...have to run in emulation mode...

the same method will not work on pirated DVD.

Top Bottom