Planning to upgrade my current rig

Bijoyanta

Right off the assembly line
Current specs : -

RAM : - Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 MHz 8 GB
CPU: - Intel Core i3, 2120 3.3 Ghz
Gfx - GT 520
Motherboard : - MSI H61M-P20 (G3) (MS-7788)
Hard drive : - WD Green Cavair (1 TB)
Toshiba 160 GB (Its 10 years old I think and still works well)
PSU - Not aware what is inside. Changed it long back.
Cabinet : - its a cheap Zebronics one
Monitor : - very old 18" LCD (Still works very good)

As u can see, My current rig is very old and the PSU has been very noisy and cabinet is a very cheap one.
The internal gets very dusty, suggest me a good PC cabinet and a good PSU. They are my first priority, ill get them within a week.

Is getting a CPU liquid cooler worth or just adding the cooling fan do the work.

Ill also get a 60 GB SSD and a 1 TB HDD.

Ive narrowed my search to these below: -

Processor fan Cooler Master Hyper 212X - Premium Air CPU cooler for all Intel / AMD Processor - Cooling Solution: Amazon.in: Computers & Accessorie
Cabinet *www.amazon.in/Circle-CC-830-Professional-Cabinet/dp/B00OLKLEV4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1476432436&sr=8-2&keywords=cabinet+for+pc
PSU Amazon.in: Buy Corsair VS Series VS550 - 550 Watt SMPS Online at Low Prices in India | Corsair Reviews & Rating
Liquid Cooler Cooler Master Sedion 120 V Plus Essential CPU Liquid cooler for Intel / AMD Processors with Blue LED fan: Amazon.in: Computers & Accessorie

Also. maybe a month later. Ill get myself a decent Gfx card like 960/1060 or if Radeon ones. Will i have to change Cabinet, Mobo, CPU, PSU?

If I change CPU, Mobo or either of dies, Will I have to change PSU, Cooling fan, Cabinet again?

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:Watching movies in HD, Casual gaming + recording, Games : - The Evil WIthin, GTA V, CS: Go, Recent NFS games with decent frames.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:Budget doesn't matter. (I plan to reuse my previous components if possible)

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Win 7 SP 1

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: Previous ones are Fine, Ill add 60 GB SSD for OS + 1 TB Blue Cavair. 4 HDD's total.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Maybe a HD,4K monitor, later.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: RAM, CPU. Motherboard has to be changed for the new Gfx card I think. If any is reuseable will be good.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: asap

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Ill hire a professional to get the work done.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Im from Assam, Online retailers are the only good option for me.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Im not a Graphics nerd. Any card that runs modern games on mid high settings for 1-2 years will do.

jodo_c

Broken In
Mention the budget bro. Atleast mention what maximum you are thinking of paying. GTA V needs atleast 4th I3 and 750ti Afaik to play properly on low to medium settings. Even on that it may suffer.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Budget -55.5K ( Skylake Gaming Rig)

Intel Core i3 6100 -8500,
Gigabyte GA-B150M-D3H -7500,
Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB 2400Mhz -2500,
WD Caviar Blue 1TB -3500,
Antec VP550P -4000,
Antec GX200 -2700,
Samsung 850 Evo 120GB SSD -4500,
Sapphire RX460 4GB Nitro -12000,
LG 22MP68VQ-P 21.5" LED IPS -9500,
Logitech MK200 -800.
Total -55,500.

Buy from mdcomputers.in all in 1 go by selling the present rig & adding some more cash. Okay.

Buy the above specified 22" LG monitor from amazon.in which is a freesync monitor that greatly enhances viewing experience while gaming when used with a AMD GPU. So go with it.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Current specs : -

RAM : - Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 MHz 8 GB
CPU: - Intel Core i3, 2120 3.3 Ghz
Gfx - GT 520
Motherboard : - MSI H61M-P20 (G3) (MS-7788)
Hard drive : - WD Green Cavair (1 TB)
Toshiba 160 GB (Its 10 years old I think and still works well)
PSU - Not aware what is inside. Changed it long back.
Cabinet : - its a cheap Zebronics one
Monitor : - very old 18" LCD (Still works very good)

As u can see, My current rig is very old and the PSU has been very noisy and cabinet is a very cheap one.
The internal gets very dusty, suggest me a good PC cabinet and a good PSU. They are my first priority, ill get them within a week.

Is getting a CPU liquid cooler worth or just adding the cooling fan do the work.

Ill also get a 60 GB SSD and a 1 TB HDD.

Ive narrowed my search to these below: -

Processor fan Cooler Master Hyper 212X - Premium Air CPU cooler for all Intel / AMD Processor - Cooling Solution: Amazon.in: Computers & Accessorie
Cabinet Amazon.in: Buy Circle CC 830 Professional Gaming Cabinet (without SMPS) Black Online at Low Prices in India | Circle Reviews & Rating
PSU Amazon.in: Buy Corsair VS Series VS550 - 550 Watt SMPS Online at Low Prices in India | Corsair Reviews & Rating
Liquid Cooler Cooler Master Sedion 120 V Plus Essential CPU Liquid cooler for Intel / AMD Processors with Blue LED fan: Amazon.in: Computers & Accessorie

Also. maybe a month later. Ill get myself a decent Gfx card like 960/1060 or if Radeon ones. Will i have to change Cabinet, Mobo, CPU, PSU?

If I change CPU, Mobo or either of dies, Will I have to change PSU, Cooling fan, Cabinet again?

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:Watching movies in HD, Casual gaming + recording, Games : - The Evil WIthin, GTA V, CS: Go, Recent NFS games with decent frames.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:Budget doesn't matter. (I plan to reuse my previous components if possible)

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Win 7 SP 1

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: Previous ones are Fine, Ill add 60 GB SSD for OS + 1 TB Blue Cavair. 4 HDD's total.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Maybe a HD,4K monitor, later.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: RAM, CPU. Motherboard has to be changed for the new Gfx card I think. If any is reuseable will be good.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: asap

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Ill hire a professional to get the work done.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Im from Assam, Online retailers are the only good option for me.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Im not a Graphics nerd. Any card that runs modern games on mid high settings for 1-2 years will do.
Regarding Processor fan or Liquid cooler, there is no need to buy them.

Regarding PSU, don't ever go with Corsair VS Series SMPS or PSU. Either go with the suggested PSU or Corsair CX500 @ 4k

Regarding Cabinet, there are better options available or you can go with the suggested Cabinet above or Corsair SPEC-01 @ 3.5K

Regarding upgrading of components, 1st of all sell your old rig & add some more cash and then buy the new RIG from the above specified shops. Okay.

Regarding components changing, if either Mobo or PSU dies within warranty you can claim warranty which is 3 years & there is no need to change your Mobo or PSU or Cabinet every time.

Cabinet is a 1 time investment which lasts for 3-4 builds at least.

PS: You can easily get 12-14k by selling your old rig. Even sell the 160GB HDD. Okay.

Last edited:
OP
B

Bijoyanta

Thanks for the suggestions bro.
My first priority is getting the cabinet and PSU. Maybe ill oder them by tomorrow.

Will the cabinet have enough space if I change MoBo, CPU and get a bigger Gfx card. I had a plan of Getting Nvidia 1060/960 (If its good card). Ill get these components by next month itself.

The 160 GB is maybe 8-10 years old. Whiile ~5-6 HDD's have failed me. Its still going strong. So, My heart tells me to keep it :smile_NF:

Also, Its hard for me to find a buyer for my older rig. I couldn't find a buyer for my previous Dual-Core rig. I still have it. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Don't get RX460. It's not worth over 10k.
Get a RX470 for 15k or if you want more power, a GTX 1060 6GB for 20-22k.

Im not looking to play game at ultra high settings. I would be happy to run modern games (RPG's mostly) at mid high settings.

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
Even if going for RX 460 go for the 2GB model which is for 9-10k
As its not that fast of a gpu to take advantage of full 4GB

Sent from my Redmi Note 3

OP
B

Bijoyanta

Does "ANTEC GX200" have enough space inside? Review don't seem so good "Corsair SPEC-01", its a bit conjusted, i could find. Correct me If im wrong..

I can only buy Gfx cards from Online retailers. Could only find RX 460 and 470 8 GB cards.

OP
B

Bijoyanta

Sapphire RX470 4GB Nitro+ does not come for 15k
It is retailing for 17k online & offline also.

Idk I'm a bit confused,what graphics card to get. I plan to order it sooner.

Review for Rx460 4 Gb didn't seem good. Should I get that or Gtx 950 2 GB version.

Btw, I ordered Antec PSU and Cabinet.

Thanks.

Top Bottom