Planning to install vista over xp..?(dual booting)

Status
Not open for further replies.

roonie

Journeyman
Am plannin to install vista over xp...Can i just install vista in another drive wil it work proper..I have read so many threads regarding it dint understand properly..Plz help..I think my system compatible plz chk..
1gb ram
Intel G965 Express chipset family
250gb(sata)+40gb hard disk(ide)..
Using now xp service pack3
processor-intel core 2 duo 2.2ghz E4500..Anythin else?..
I want to dual boot xp and vista..sry for creatin the thread ..I searched n found many but dint help

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Yes, install it on a separate partition and it will take over the boot loader, giving you both OSs to boot from.

Once done download EasyBCD on Vista and edit your Boot options easily.

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
If partition in Fat 32 then it will be better to format the drive(on which you want to install vista) in NTFS before start installation.
And it will also better to keep drive size atleast 20 GB.

New

Padawan
Just boot using Vista DVD, follow the onscreen instruction and you are done..Installing Vista over XP is easy..Just install it..

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
If partition in Fat 32 then it will be better to format the drive(on which you want to install vista) in NTFS before start installation.
And it will also better to keep drive size atleast 20 GB.
Vista does not install on FAT 32, so he will have to, which he can do through the bootable wizard.

VarDOS

15.0 GHz
Am plannin to install vista over xp...Can i just install vista in another drive wil it work proper..I have read so many threads regarding it dint understand properly..Plz help..I think my system compatible plz chk..
1gb ram
Intel G965 Express chipset family
250gb(sata)+40gb hard disk(ide)..
Using now xp service pack3
processor-intel core 2 duo 2.2ghz E4500..Anythin else?..
I want to dual boot xp and vista..sry for creatin the thread ..I searched n found many but dint help
If Partition Will Be Fat32 Then First Convert It Into NTFS

And Then Insert Vista DVD Run The DVD Without Booting By Rebooting The PC

Run The Setup Directly Through PC

During The Setup Wizard There Will Be An Option Express Settings Or Custom Settings

Caution : Do Not Select Express Settings
Select Custom Settings

Or Else It Will Install Vista On Your Current XP Partition.

Be Careful

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
If Partition Will Be Fat32 Then First Convert It Into NTFS

And Then Insert Vista DVD Run The DVD Without Booting By Rebooting The PC

Run The Setup Directly Through PC

During The Setup Wizard There Will Be An Option Express Settings Or Custom Settings

Caution : Do Not Select Express Settings
Select Custom Settings

Or Else It Will Install Vista On Your Current XP Partition.

Be Careful

Yes, i also agree with you and i was also say it before.
It is more simple and straightforward to format in NTFS first and then proceed to the installation.
@ iMav these are simlpe things and not need to tell me.

OP
R

roonie

Journeyman
Yes my partition is NTFS only..Only this much uh?..just install and use easy BCD??...Coz i checked many threads they were confusing nothin simple like this was given...Are you sre guys?..plz reply

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Yeah roonie, these steps work. Read Varad Dilip Choudhari's post. And after doing that install EasyBCD, which will configure your computer to dual-boot with XP and Vista.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom