Planning to buy Router Need Advice

bludash

Mark your Mark
Hi ppl I am planning to buy a router for my home, I am on cable internet and hence the cable comes directly from the ISP and is connected to my pc ethernet card. I am planning to buy a router now please advice the best cheap alternative and suggestions.
I have shortlisted TP-LINK TL-WR740N which is available on flipkart for Rs 892.00
Few questions
1) The pc does not have a wifi so what do I need if I want wireless connection on my pc ( if I think not to go the wired way)
2) How many device I can connect (wireless) to the router
3) If I connect 2 computers (wired) to the router will it effect the speed even if both PC are not using the internet at the same time.
4) Finally I am planning a NAS if I connect the NAS to the router will it effect the speed (internet) if I am not accessing the NAS.

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
to convert any non-wifi PC to wifi you need a usb wifi adapter.you can connect as many devices as you want.internet speed will be affected only if you are downloading at full speed using a 20mbps net connection while simultaneously transferring files over lan/wifi but for the usual indian connections of 2mbps speeds it won't matter(speed of internet+speed of lan=100mbps).

Top Bottom