Planning to buy MSI GT683 need suggestions

roy_pratik

Broken In
Hi guys,i'm planning to buy MSI GT683.I got a quote of RS 73.5k all inclusive.from Vedant computer,kolkata.
Purpose for the laptop is mainly Gaming,watching movies,surfing.So i guess i5 will suffice,don't have the budget for i7 variant :sad:.
What do you think about this laptop,any known issues?How's MSI warranty,they don't provide onsite,also I've heard you need to pay 1 way shipping charges for servicing.Anyone have some idea regarding this?Btw I'm from Kolkata.
Please reply guys,planning to pay advance tomorrow or next week.

PS. Is there any alternate model available within this range with full hd display?I'll consider that also.

Last edited:

mailshobhon

THE HARDCORE GAMER
Hi guys,i'm planning to buy MSI GT683.I got a quote of RS 73.5k from Vedant computer,kolkata.
Purpose for the laptop is mainly Gaming,watching movies,surfing.So i guess i5 will suffice,don't have the budget for i7 variant :sad:.
What do you think about this laptop,any known issues?How's MSI warranty,they don't provide onsite,also I've heard you need to pay 1 way shipping charges for servicing.Anyone have some idea regarding this?Btw I'm from Kolkata.
Please reply guys,planning to pay advance tomorrow or next week.

PS. Is there any alternate model available within this range with full hd display?I'll consider that also.

u can go for asus n55sf its 65k in it arena in e mall its with i7, full hd matte display gt555m, blue ray and most important thing is that asus has onsite service. u can check the model in asus international website i m uploading the fiel with specification just check out.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
I'm not sure how long i'll be able to stay at home,searching for job.So laptop will be the safest bet:smile:.

Then Laptop is good enough...check out some Asus one also in Flipkart or letsbuy.

Asus N Series N55SF-S1209V Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Asus Notebook

But the graphics card is better in MSI one.

mailshobhon

THE HARDCORE GAMER
MSI has horrible screen and after sales service of MSI is not that great in india.
one should not go for flipkart they just robe us go for it arena they are the dealers of asus laptops they can give you better price than flipkart.

OP
R

roy_pratik

Broken In
u can go for asus n55sf its 65k in it arena in e mall its with i7, full hd matte display gt555m, blue ray and most important thing is that asus has onsite service. u can check the model in asus international website i m uploading the fiel with specification just check out.

Thanks for the quick reply:).
The full hd variant of n55sf is showing a price of 74k :O in the pdf.Also MSI got a much better graphics card with gddr5 memory.I don't like the look of n55 series personally.

mailshobhon

THE HARDCORE GAMER
Thanks for the quick reply:).
The full hd variant of n55sf is showing a price of 74k :O in the pdf.Also MSI got a much better graphics card with gddr5 memory.I don't like the look of n55 series personally.

its just the MRP,He can get it for cheap in IT arena. My friend got it from there costed him around 64.5 try and bargain and he can get a better deal. i will buy the same laptop this dec

mailshobhon

THE HARDCORE GAMER
its just the MRP,He can get it for cheap in IT arena. My friend got it from there costed him around 64.5 try and bargain and he can get a better deal. i will buy the same laptop this dec

i have seen both the laptops dude, MSI has better card but you are paying 10,000 just for the card and it comes with i5 so think about it. and msi got glare display while asus got matte display dude. Anyways at the end of the day its your wish , i am a hardcore gamer and truly speaking nothing can replace a deskstop if you are gaming. its your call all the best...

Are you sure it's a full hd model? There's one normal hd model also :S.

Thanks for the link Tenida,checking it :).

i am damn sure dude there is only one model launched in india in n55sf and this the specification.

Model Name N55SF-S1209V
Color Black Black Black
Display 15.6" Full HD Non-Glare
CPU Intel Huron River
i7-2670QM Quad
(2.2G,6M)
VGA NV GT555M 2G DDR3 VRAM
RAM 8G DDR3 1333
HDD 750G
7200rpm
ODD Blu Ray 4X Combo
WLAN 802.11 b/g/n 802.11 b/g/n
Camera HD Camera 2.0M
Battery 6 Cell
Win7 Home Premium
Warranty 1-Year Global
Accessory & Remark Bag, Mouse,Subwoofer, USB 3.0 * 2

OP
R

roy_pratik

Broken In
i have seen both the laptops dude, MSI has better card but you are paying 10,000 just for the card and it comes with i5 so think about it. and msi got glare display while asus got matte display dude. Anyways at the end of the day its your wish , i am a hardcore gamer and truly speaking nothing can replace a deskstop if you are gaming. its your call all the best...

i am damn sure dude there is only one model launched in india in n55sf and this the specification.

Check this link Tenida shared Asus N Series N55SF-S1209V Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Asus Notebook ,i was talking about this model,this one comes closer to the price you are saying but it has normal hd.How come same model comes with different specs?I guess i'v to check with It Arena :S.

I know nothing can replace Desktop in gaming but i don't have a choice.Another question will i7 2670 serve me any good in gaming compared to i5 2430 with gtx 560m that too with gddr5 memory,the asus one is having crappy ddr3 & also i'm not sure which gt555 variant they are using,there are so many of them & lenovo y570 uses the shittiest of all.

I'm also paranoid about MSI warrenty.

Last edited:

mailshobhon

THE HARDCORE GAMER
Check this link Tenida shared Asus N Series N55SF-S1209V Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Asus Notebook ,i was talking about this model,this one comes closer to the price you are saying but it has normal hd.How come same model comes with different specs?I guess i'v to check with It Arena :S.

I know nothing can replace Desktop in gaming but i don't have a choice.Another question will i7 2670 serve me any good in gaming compared to i5 2430 with gtx 560m that too with gddr5 memory,the asus one is having crappy ddr3 & also i'm not sure which gt555 variant they are using,there are so many of them & lenovo y570 uses the shittiest of all.

I'm also paranoid about MSI warrenty.

Thats totaly wrong u can call and check with asus only
here is the contact.

Suprokash
Toll Free No – 18002090365 for any Sales & Service Enquiry ( 9AM to 6 PM)

my friend has this laptop dude or you can go to e mall and check in the asus exclusive showroom itself its on display. but try get it form it arena you can get a better deal.

Last edited:
OP
R

roy_pratik

Broken In
Thats totaly wrong u can call and check with asus only
here is the contact.

Suprokash
Toll Free No – 18002090365 for any Sales & Service Enquiry ( 9AM to 6 PM)

my friend has this laptop dude or you can got to e mall and check in the asus exclusive showroom itself its on display. but try get it form it arena you can get a better deal.

Thanks dude,i'll check this model at the exclusive store.

Top Bottom