Planning to Buy Dell Inspiron 6400 notebook!

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepakchan

Troubleshooter
Ganeshkumar said:
What I ask is... Will Dell Service Me, If i dont extend my warranty package on call Basis..???

Yes. Of course, but at a fee. There will be a service tag number on the bottom of the laptop base. You just need to mention that.

deepakchan

Troubleshooter
Ganeshkumar said:
Oh!! Thanks...

Representative of Dell told me there will be no option like that...
Thanks...

Is it so ? Whom did u ask? Some friend told that if warranty is not there then also you can avail paid support. I'm still not sure of this.

OP
Ganeshkumar

Ganeshkumar

Padawan
I spoke with another representative, he told me there is paid service.... i have to pay arnd Rs.1000 per visit....

Anyway can u pls confirm me??

What is that Basic System Install in Dell for Rs.900.. ? Is it woth?

Last edited:

deepakchan

Troubleshooter
Ganeshkumar said:
I spoke with another representative, he told me there is paid service.... i have to pay arnd Rs.1000 per visit....

Anyway can u pls confirm me??

What is that Basic System Install in Dell for Rs.900.. ? Is it woth?

This Basic Install is mandatory I think. Even if you deselect Rs.900 Basic Install on the configuration page, when you checkout, it automatically adds to the price. Maybe it is a way of underplaying the price. Like instead of 50800 they advertise it as 49900 and make it up in the Basic Install fee. What he did for me was basically unpack all the parcels that the laptop came in, and switch it on and register windows XP, which I could've done it myself. Its really not worth it. But there is no other go.

You can confirm about the price after warranty per visit by calling 18004258046. I don't have a BSNL landline at office, so I am not able to check that. If you can check and post here, it'll be useful for me too. My 1 year warranty is getting over on May 13th, i.e., 2 days from now. :(

ashu_dps

Hell Sucks!!!
DELL E 1505 (USA) or 6400(India)

One year Next Business Day 8x5 warranty extn price is Rs.10200/-+tax, and Two years for the same is Rs.16000/-+ tax,

One year Next Business Day 8x5+ Complete Cover warranty extn price is Rs 12200/-+tax, and Two years for the same is Rs.18400/-+ tax.

On receipt of confirmation to the quoted price and reqd service level, we will send the formal quote

Feel free to contact us for clarification/s.

Ps Note:

Mail us the shipping and billing address-need the same to prepare the formal quote.

T&C
1. Payment Terms: 100% Payment in advance.
2. Order/Payment in favor of "Dell India Pvt Ltd", Divyasree Greens, Ground Floor,S.No. 12/1, 12/2A, 13/1A, Ghallaghatta Village, Varthur Hobli, Bangalore South, Bangalore - 560 071.
3. Validity: 10 DAYS
4. Taxes: Extra as applicable based on the billing location. Please also note that Taxes will be charged depending upon the rates applicable at the time of invoicing.
5. The quoted charges are for NBD 8x5/CC SLA. The systems which are already out of warranty are to be re-certified by Dell at cost.
6. Only DELL hardware products/components are supported. Dell will not be in a position to accept part orders
7. All sales are subject to Dell's Terms and Conditions of Sale, Service and Technical Support ("Terms and Conditions"),copies of which are available on www.dell.com\ap or on request. These terms would apply irrespective of terms mentioned in the PO.
8. Dell can support hardware up to 5 years from date of shipment
9. Batteries and other consumables are not covered under warranty
10. After receipt of commercially clear PO, it would take up to 15 days to update warranty extension details in our system.

Hope it helps :)

deepakchan

Troubleshooter
Ganeshkumar said:
Ya sure...

But while you buy the extended warranty or CompleteCover along with the laptop in the first go, then it doesn't cost so much. Thats why I kept insisting to Ganesh that he buy the warranty along with the laptop itself. A 2 yr extended warranty should cost around 6k and the CompleteCover should cost 8-9k when bought along with the laptop.

While you configure the laptop itself, you can select this.

OP
Ganeshkumar

Ganeshkumar

Padawan
But My father think it is waste for us....
For my desktops n other electronic items, though we have AMC we dont have problem until this.....

Also My father is going to insure it everything....
So incase of problem there will be loss of few penny only...

OP
Ganeshkumar

Ganeshkumar

Padawan
Finally I Orderd my Laptop.....
Configuration:

DELL INSPIRON 6400
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo Processor T5300
1.73 GHz, 2MB Cache, 533 MHz FSB
Genuine Windows Vista(TM) Home Basic 32 bit
1 Year Next Business Day (8x5) Onsite Response
15.4" Wide Screen XGA TFT Display with Truelife(
1GB (2 X 512MB) 667MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM
256MB ATI Mobility(TM) Radeon(R) X1400 Hypermemory
120GB SATA Hard Drive
Internal 8X DVD+/-RW Combination Drive
McAfee(R) Security Center(TM) 8.0 - 15 Months OEM
Dell(TM) Wireless 355 Bluetooth Module
Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945 Dual Band 802.11a/g 5
90W AC Adapter
6-cell 53Whr Lithium Ion Primary Battery

Nett RS. 52655/-

Thanks for the replys....

deepakchan

Troubleshooter
Cool config. Why you didn't opt for Windows Home Premium with Aero Interface? You just want a plain windows that works eh??

hacktom

Broken In
Ganeshkumar said:
Finally I Orderd my Laptop.....
Configuration:

DELL INSPIRON 6400
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo Processor T5300
1.73 GHz, 2MB Cache, 533 MHz FSB
Genuine Windows Vista(TM) Home Basic 32 bit
1 Year Next Business Day (8x5) Onsite Response
15.4" Wide Screen XGA TFT Display with Truelife(
1GB (2 X 512MB) 667MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM
256MB ATI Mobility(TM) Radeon(R) X1400 Hypermemory
120GB SATA Hard Drive
Internal 8X DVD+/-RW Combination Drive
McAfee(R) Security Center(TM) 8.0 - 15 Months OEM
Dell(TM) Wireless 355 Bluetooth Module
Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945 Dual Band 802.11a/g 5
90W AC Adapter
6-cell 53Whr Lithium Ion Primary Battery

Nett RS. 52655/-

Thanks for the replys....

Did they offer you any discount and how much was the tax??

OP
Ganeshkumar

Ganeshkumar

Padawan
I think there is now offer...
i) 5000 off
ii) 1GB ram upgrade
iii) 120gb hdd upgrade frm 80 GB

anyway i think these offers wont be closed..

ABT VAT, it should be 4% that is arnd 2100 would be made discount if u give a letter stating that u r not going to resell....

SO FOR ME 0 TAX...

deepakchan

Troubleshooter
Ganeshkumar said:
I think there is now offer...
i) 5000 off
ii) 1GB ram upgrade
iii) 120gb hdd upgrade frm 80 GB

anyway i think these offers wont be closed..

ABT VAT, it should be 4% that is arnd 2100 would be made discount if u give a letter stating that u r not going to resell....

SO FOR ME 0 TAX...

When are you expecting delivery of the laptop?

OP
Ganeshkumar

Ganeshkumar

Padawan
They told me i will get it arnd 15 days...
In the website For my order no. they say "THERE WILL BE ADDITIONAL DELAY OF 7-10 DAYS DUE TO SYSTEMS UPGRADE IN CUSTOMS..." :( :mad: :(

EAGERLY WAITING Deepak....

hacktom said:
HI Ganesh did they also gave winows vista restore dvd(for fresh install after formatting hard disk)??

Not received yet....:(

Last edited:

Sourabh

Laptoping
@bhanurwt: Please don't provide cell phone numbers and other such details on a public forum directly. You can use Private Message (PM) feature for this.

@Ganesh: I've ordered my Dell laptop a couple of days before you did, I will update this space if there is any development in that regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom