Planning to buy an Alienware... Please suggest

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
Am planning to get an Alienware M15x from US and here is the configuration

Intel® Core™ i7 740QM Quad Core Processor, 1.73GHz
Ram 6GB DDR3 / 8GB DDR3 will add 150USD
GPU (Need suggestion... my preference 460M)
  • 1024 MB ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5850
  • 1GB GDDR3 NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 260M Add $0.00
  • 1.5GB GDDR5 65W NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 460M adds 150USD
500GB SATAII 7,200RPM
15.6-inch WideFHD 1920x1080 (1080p) WLED
Primary - 9-cell (85Watt) Lithium-Ion Battery

With a 3yrs In-Home and Accidental Warranty....

I have already bought Dell 2420L which I want to connect using HDMI and work and play on that. I want suggestion about the rig and about the GPU

It comes to around 2300USD...

abirthedevil

In the zone
i suggest u look at other brands than alienware this config seems old, MSI ASUS etc make gaming laptops with newer parts and i suspect at a better price

lordirecto

In the zone
Bad choice that you want a gaming laptop. Trust me, it will lead to frustration faster than you think.
As for something related to topic, it will be best if you can wait for the release of the second generation of Core i processors.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^The reviews are out and the i7 2920xm beat the i7 980x in most benchmarks. Check THIS.

Haven't made to any market yet i guess.

OP
ajayashish

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
I cant wait any further as my friend is returning next month. My laptop is dead and I really need a new one... So all i have is the config above.

As for Asus and MSI... is there any link you can give me.

Can they provide support and warrenty in India if I buy from USA

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Dell will take more than 6 months to implement mobile Sandy bridge.

Desktop alienware that costs 1.8 lakh ONLY gives GTX 260 sli. Ofcourse we might be able to configure a GTX 560 sli but cost will double.

Dell probably makes 100 percent profit from Alienware

OP
ajayashish

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
ok.. got a better deal today...

460M 1.5gb with 256GB SSD and 3yrs Warrenty...

Other aspect remains same and battery is 6cell battery... cost comes to 2100USD...

d3p

PowerHouse
@ajayashish : Congrats for your Choice, but i got some few doubts on your Lappy.

Dell doesn't provide international Warranty on Alienware Laptops.

If you need proper info on this, then Go to Koramangala 100ft Road, there is a new Alienware Shop got open recently.

Better buy it off in india itself.

OP
ajayashish

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
I talked to the US Alienware Customer Support and they assured that all their models are sold with International warrenty... All i have to do is call the customer support and get the new tag... which takes 1 day time...

I have a Inspiron which i purchased from US and got brilliant service from them for 4 yrs in India

AlienfromEarth

Right off the assembly line
hey @ajayashish : Congrats for your Choice,
even am into buying alienware17x 3d... gettin it from U.S ...
So jus wanted to know hwz th performance n stuff.. since u hav bought it... n is thr any custom duty taxes wen bringin lappy n all from U.S... coz thr it costs around $1800... n here 1.5lks.. so its good to get it frm thr.. but if taxes n all r put on it.. it would turn up into >1lk.. so was wonderin wat 2 do.... so can u giv ur ideas:idea: bout it..???

Top Bottom