Planning to buy a LCD TFT monitor (suggestions)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ninadb

Broken In
Hi

Presently I have a 14 inch LG CRT monitor occupying lot of space.
From last 2 days i has started behaving weird.
I noticed this when the computer table shaked. The monitor started fickering. Sometimes it also shows disturbance as happens when a cell phone call is received.
I found that this is happening only when the monitor gets a shake.
also tapping the monitor gently sometimes gives this disturbance.
Dont know what could be the problem

I am planning to buy and LCD TFT monitor.
My initial choice was to go in for the Samsung Syncmaster 740N.
But some friends suggested a 19 inch viewsonic monitor.

Which one should I go in for. Usage will be typically home use (games-old an new, music movies and surfing)
I can shell out upto 10000 for new monitor.

Thanks
Ninad

Hi
I missed out on my pc config
c2d e6300 1g RAM,DVD writer,2 80gig SATA HDD
Intel Dg965ry motherboard

Thanks
Ninad

Last edited:

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
try avoiding viewsonic , i've heard many people landing in problems with it ( although good ones are awesome , there r quite a lot of faulty ones )

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
1st suggestion would be to use the search function of this forum before starting new thread, there are at least 10 such post with lots of info.

2nd suggestion, since now u have posted, just when u r reading my post scroll to the bottom of this page & u will see links to similar post.

Still if u have question unanswered then we are here to answer it. Meanwhile u can get that monitor repaired too must be a loose connection problem which can be easily sorted out.

OP
N

ninadb

Broken In
Hi

Thanks for your suggestions ranjan2001.
BTW I have already searched in these forums before writing here.
I could not get any decisive post which pinpointed on a TFT LCD

Anyways the options I have
1.> Repair the existing monitor(LG studioworks 500g a 14'' CRT)
2.> I can get a Samsung 740N (17 inch TFT LCD) from a friend who is going in for a 19'' and is ready to give his monitor @6000/-
He has used it for 4 months
3> Go for a 17'' or 19'' monitor (my choice Samsung)
only question is does my current config of Intel DG965RY with the X3000 GMA graphics card support the resolutions of 17''/ 19'' monitor.
Will it strecth images when i say view flickr.

Thanks
Ninad

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
only question is does my current config of Intel DG965RY with the X3000 GMA graphics card support the resolutions of 17''/ 19'' monitor.
Will it strecth images when i say view flickr.

Yes it will easily support monitors till 21" may be upwards too, regarding the stretching of images this happens only on wide screens not on regular 19 " screens.

& most wide screen have auto detect facility which responds to the graphic signal, so I guess if you have latest graphic drivers then it should even work on wide screen.

MY 4 yr old intel 845, I updated the graphic drivers yesterday & I was surprised it works on my 20" wide screen perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom