Planning to buy a 17" or 19" TFT-LCD Monitor. Help Needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoda

Journeyman
Hello Friends,
I'm planning to buy a 17 or 19 Inch TFT-LCD Monitor. My purpose is for Home use, Watching DVD Movies and Playing Games. I checked a few websites and I've a few Models in my mind...

Samsung SyncMaster 932B (19 Inch)
Samsung SyncMaster 732N Plus

LG L1970HR (19 Inch) ---> I don't know whether DVI Input is there or not ?
LG L194W (19 Inch) ---> I don't know whether DVI Input is there or not ?
LG L1953S (19 Inch) ---> I don't know whether DVI Input is there or not ?
LG L1770H (17 Inch) ----> I don't know whether DVI Input is there or not ?

AOC 199P (19 Inch)

The above Monitors I've mentioned have most of these features mentioned below....

Viewing Angles -- 160(H/V) (Minimum)

Response Time -- Maximum 8ms or less than 8ms

Brightness -- 300 cd/m2

Contrast Ratio: 700:1 Minimum or more than 700:1

Samsung and AOC has Analog and DVI Inputs. I don't know about LG (DVI Input) ?

My question is whether the minimum features mentioned above is enough to watch DVD movies without any Ghosting and Viewing Angle problems and play Latest games without any Ghosting or sluggishness ?

My next question is hows the length of the monitor measured in Inches...Horizontally or Diagonally ?

My Next question is people say that as the length of the Monitor increases in Inches the Viewing Angles becomes more critical. So for 17 or 19 Inch LCD Monitor is 160(H/V) viewing Angles good enough to watch a DVD movie from those Angles (160) without any problems ?

Hows the performance of the LCD models mentioned above in real time. Does these features they promised really work when it comes to Game Play and watching movies ?

Does the above mentioned LG monitors have DVI Inputs ?

I would also like to know the price of the above mentioned TFT-LCD Monitors ? I live in Bangalore...

If you guys have any other model that has the above features and in Performance mention them also....

Thanks in Advance.

apacheman

Journeyman
well, there are some models in Viewsonic which have 1000:1 contrast ratio, go for dat ones. or for some Samsung ones which have a typical 3000:1 contrast ratio.

Phalanx

Broken In
Yoda said:
Hello Friends,
I'm planning to buy a 17 or 19 Inch TFT-LCD Monitor. My purpose is for Home use, Watching DVD Movies and Playing Games. I checked a few websites and I've a few Models in my mind...

Samsung SyncMaster 932B (19 Inch)
Samsung SyncMaster 732N Plus

LG L1970HR (19 Inch) ---> I don't know whether DVI Input is there or not ?
LG L194W (19 Inch) ---> I don't know whether DVI Input is there or not ?
LG L1953S (19 Inch) ---> I don't know whether DVI Input is there or not ?
LG L1770H (17 Inch) ----> I don't know whether DVI Input is there or not ?

AOC 199P (19 Inch)

The above Monitors I've mentioned have most of these features mentioned below....

Viewing Angles -- 160(H/V) (Minimum)

Response Time -- Maximum 8ms or less than 8ms

Brightness -- 300 cd/m2

Contrast Ratio: 700:1 Minimum or more than 700:1

Samsung and AOC has Analog and DVI Inputs. I don't know about LG (DVI Input) ?

My question is whether the minimum features mentioned above is enough to watch DVD movies without any Ghosting and Viewing Angle problems and play Latest games without any Ghosting or sluggishness ?

My next question is hows the length of the monitor measured in Inches...Horizontally or Diagonally ?

My Next question is people say that as the length of the Monitor increases in Inches the Viewing Angles becomes more critical. So for 17 or 19 Inch LCD Monitor is 160(H/V) viewing Angles good enough to watch a DVD movie from those Angles (160) without any problems ?

Hows the performance of the LCD models mentioned above in real time. Does these features they promised really work when it comes to Game Play and watching movies ?

Does the above mentioned LG monitors have DVI Inputs ?

I would also like to know the price of the above mentioned TFT-LCD Monitors ? I live in Bangalore...

If you guys have any other model that has the above features and in Performance mention them also....

Thanks in Advance.

Ans 1) Yes. With those specs u will not encounter any ghosting or sluggishness, be it in gaming or watching movies.

Ans 2) It's measured diagonally...

Ans 3) Yes, it's good enough...

Ans 4 and 5) Pass:)

I live in Banglore too and I have a ViewSonic VG1930wm... Its a 19 inch widesceen monitor which meets all the specifications that u mentioned...In fact it has a 5ms response time (great for gaming)... The picture quality of this monitor is absolutely awesome... I have not encountered even a hint of flickering at any time... I bought it on 6th June from SP Road for 12K incl VAT... Should be a little less now...:)

OP
Yoda

Yoda

Journeyman
Thanx very much Phalanx and apacheman for the replies...It will help me choose a better LCD. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom