Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
well i have my admissions in a colege tomorrow....i was just thinking...wat ae the procedure fr campus placements..i mean..wat bout those microsofts and the googles..do they hav only on campus recruitments...wat r the procedures of off campus interviews...well i m still 4 years away;..but it means a lot....thru ur comments i shall decide on dropping a year and prep fr iit and aieee......and another thing..is cse and ece compulsory fr such compaies
??

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
Boy, you are just entering in to the world. Microsoft and Google are too far away for you as of now. Microsoft took total 9 students from around 3000 students in Orissa last year.
You will have placements in the 3rd year end and 4th year. Nothing to worry about for now.
No, it isn't mandatory for you to be in CSE or ECE to get through these companies. Atleast for the major players like Infy, satyam, tcs, wipro etc.
Some demands only CS or ECE.
As for your last question, you should drop this year only IF you are confident about yourself that you will crack IIT or AIEEE in the first go. Else this is the best tim, you can join engg.

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
last year Mircosoft took 3 frm RVCE and 3 frm PESIT in bangalore
dunno abt google exact numbers think 2 frm PESIT and 1 RVCE

its not that easy bro !! also know that out of total of Six RV nd PESIT in MS !! 4 are girls !! men are unlikely to get selected coz all(recriuters ) want women in their companies !!

OP
dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
hmmm...well thanx neway......but wud u guys help me y telling m was th diff between elec and instru and elec and comm???

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
welll in a nutshell:

electronics is all about electricity and motors
elecs and comm is about radars, satelllites (though all the fun part comes quite late in the course)
instru is the worst, its the mix of all the branches ;)

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
well mostly instru is said to be a mix of all branches (thts wat iv heard)

OP
dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
^^^^thnx mate..made my day....neways wud be sittin fr iit and aieee nxt year..aacha tell is it worth droppin a year fr iit.????..i mean all iitians do nt excel....do tehy..and is it poss fr me to move ahead frm a state coill here??

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
no dont do that ... a friend of mine slogged like hell for iit in the end didnt make it ... dont risk that, stakes are too high

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
elec and comm mostly has electronics + comp. sci. subjects like: integrated circuits, digital elec, radar (as imav said), computer cryptography, microprocessors, vlsi, comp. networks and few basic electrical subjects like field theory etc.

instrumention has the basic subjects like field theory, integrated circuits and excludes most of the computer science (software related) subjects like cryptography etc. but they haf microprocessors etc. which are useful in electronic devices. instru. branch basically deals wid all the electronic instruments. so they focus much on hardware. to get into comp like ms/oracle etc. they prefer CSE ppl more than any branch. EC comes next.

OP
dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
^^^^but comp like intel and amd shud go fr these.... shudnt they???i mean software firms go fr these dnt they???and hardwae fr more hardware related stufff....but there is sum thing like iglo wch givs a correspondence course in Btech..i mean u can do so besside the degree ur doing...i mean shid i change to cse???

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
look man.. simply putting its like this:
computer software/it products/services: cse/ise grads preferred. next best choice is ec. tho now a days it services comps (like infy/tcs etc) take grads from any branch.
computer hardware: cse/ise/ec equally preferred.
electronics giants (like phillips etc.): ec most preferred.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
hey amd 1 advice decide what u wanna do not what company u want to join ;) as of now as infra said companies hire any 1 from any branch, extc guys are mainly recruited by infy :confused: so stop looking at MS, intel and amd do what u want to and not what company u want to join

Pathik

Google Bot
Get into any of these: comps/it/extc/elex and get a good class in a good college.. That ll atleast guarantee u a decent placement..

OP
dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
^^^^well thanx..but u see..most peaple think that thinking too much before gttin into coll is a waste of time..but u see...after u get into coll..theres nuthin u can actually do about it..after coll u have to slog it out to get into a company....we have to have a mental prep to wat is coming..here we can think......by the way do u think tht m tech is necessary???...m nthinking..;)

Pathik

Google Bot
nah.. M tech isnt very necessary... Just try to get a 1st class in every sem... to qualify 4 evy placement... And getting into ms or google wont depend on ur semester marks..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom