Piston 3 vs KZ ED8m vs KZ ED9

High-Fidelity

Journeyman
Re: (URGENT) Need IEM Within 1k

Bass
Clarity and Vocals are nice
Actually I expected too much from them

Well, this is what I told you before that you cannot get the kind of bass you are looking for in P3. You should have gone for KZ ED8m. ED8m ain't uncomfortable at all for my ears, its comfortable once I insert these in my ears.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot

After 24 hours of casual listening i am not with happy with my p3..
They are just a over hyped product
Es18 which cost half of p3 are better vfm earphones

What's your source? Connect it to a Laptop or PC and check if theres an improvement to bass region
P3 has enough bass, good extension and weight, but if you are a bass head then you should have got KZ ATE.... but as people are saying they have reliability issues,its better you stayed away from KZ.

Last edited:

zapout

Ideas are Bulletproof

What else do you expect from Chinese stuff..

Even my piston 2 Jack broke.. Rendering the earphone useless
Well I expected it to run for at least one year, this one died in merely 2 months.

teaj

Broken In

What else do you expect from Chinese stuff..

Even my piston 2 Jack broke.. Rendering the earphone useless

Jacks can be fixed easily. No big deal. I've seen 4k earphones jack breaking due to rough usage.

- - - Updated - - -

Soundmagic E10 hands down are still one of the best earphone within 2k. I am disappointed by Mi Piston 3. E10 blows them away by a wide margin. Only thing I haven't heard within 2k is Tpeos.

OP
S

saurabhsingh213

Broken In

Initially I hated the p3s but after one week they started settling down and now they sound much much better..
Now they are clean and crisp..lower end has also improves marginally though it's not overpowered..
In the meanwhile my lenovov got lollipop update and now the p3s volume buttons and working also
Everything's cool now

mAYHEM

Journeyman
Any alternates to the Piston's in the $20 price bracket with a bit better build quality? Snapped cables on 2 pairs of pistons.

tkin

Back to school!!
Can't comment on the others but Piston 3.0 are terrific sets, I use them as my daily drivers. They have hold up great till now, even if I get them to last 1 yr its more vfm than other sub 2k sets.

mAYHEM

Journeyman
Can't comment on the others but Piston 3.0 are terrific sets, I use them as my daily drivers. They have hold up great till now, even if I get them to last 1 yr its more vfm than other sub 2k sets.
Might try the Youth Edition with flat wires.

Victor Rodriguez

Right off the assembly line

Totally agree with The Incinerator. TO ME, the KZ ATE outperform the Piston 3, the Rock Zircon (almost same sound as KZ ATE), the ED9, the DZAT DF-10, the Silver Bullet One Plus, the VJJB V1, the Symphonized 3.0, and many others that have come across to me, in sound quality, bass and soundstaging. Only that the VJJB K4S are the father of all. Virtually same natural, detailed, warm and articulated sound as the KZ ATE, but 15% louder! without stressing, and with even a bit more bass and clarity. So for audiophile quality sound any of both should be an excellent choice, adding the Rock Zircon as first runners and the KZ ED9 as second runners.

aadipa

Padawan
Consider Cowon EK2. Using for more than year now, I found very balanced and true sound from these. Not at all bass heavy, mic and controls also helps. @1250, good buy.

kool

Cyborg Agent

Initially I hated the p3s but after one week they started settling down and now they sound much much better..
Now they are clean and crisp..lower end has also improves marginally though it's not overpowered..
In the meanwhile my lenovov got lollipop update and now the p3s volume buttons and working also
Everything's cool now
bhai.... my ES18 stopped working, what should i buy over ES18 ? because of VFM i bought ES18 4times in 4 year.

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

Minion

Conversation Architect

bhai.... my ES18 stopped working, what should i buy over ES18 ? because of VFM i bought ES18 4times in 4 year.

Get KZ ate from aliexpress.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

ES18 has crap build quality. I went from ES18 to BW Delta to KZ Ate and that has the best build and SQ among the three.

kool

Cyborg Agent

ES18 has crap build quality. I went from ES18 to BW Delta to KZ Ate and that has the best build and SQ among the three.
which KZ ATE i should buy ? there are total 8 version showing on Aliexpress with mic and w/o mic. I will buy on 11/11/2016 sale. ₹350 starting price for basic KZ.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

Which KZ ATE i should buy ? there are total 8 version showing on Aliexpress with mic and w/o mic. I will buy on 11/11/2016 sale. ₹350 starting price for basic KZ.

I bought the one with mic for Rs 620 around 2 months ago.

There is a new version ATE-S which supposedly comes with better ear hooks (as seen from the images) and a bit better build.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

which KZ ATE i should buy ? there are total 8 version showing on Aliexpress with mic and w/o mic. I will buy on 11/11/2016 sale. ₹350 starting price for basic KZ.

share the link for Rs350 one

Top Bottom