Piston 3 vs KZ ED8m vs KZ ED9

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Re: (URGENT) Need IEM Within 1k

Hey saw this listing on aliexpress
Online Shop Original Xiaomi Piston 3 Sport running In-Ear Headphones Earphone Headset Fashion Design For mobile phone|Aliexpress Mobile
By any chance is it original ?
Why would you buy from anywhere else when xiaomi is selling it here directly? You'll need to pay shipping/customs and won't even get warranty. Plus the delivery time is 39 days. :/

Last edited:

The Incinerator

Human Spambot

Hey saw this listing on aliexpress
Online Shop Original Xiaomi Piston 3 Sport running In-Ear Headphones Earphone Headset Fashion Design For mobile phone|Aliexpress Mobile
By any chance is it original ?

Buy it from Mi India. Mi piston 3 has lot of fakes going around in Aliexpress. Yes I do vote for Mi Piston 3 over ED9 any damn day. ED9 is plain crap. Uncomfortable to wear,heavy hanging, bright , forward , with that forward midbass seeping in to midrange , destroying the recess or laid back nature you need to make the soundstage a bit more palpable,this where the average differs from the very best in sound signature. Out of the box that forward , bright sound will "wow" newbies but 30 minutes in to it you will know its crap. ATE/ Piston 3 is a much better choice. Far more balanced and REFINED. It's completely my view and that's how I love my sound. REFINED.

Last edited:

The Incinerator

Human Spambot

Piston 3 is better with deeper soundstage and a refined sound. But it still has all the fun elements it had in P2 to get your foot tapping. Great timing , rhythm but a slight loss in the mid upper registers but that's evident only when you pit it against say a Klipsch Custom 3 a Rs 12K iem.

OP
S

saurabhsingh213

Broken In

Piston 3 is better with deeper soundstage and a refined sound. But it still has all the fun elements it had in P2 to get your foot tapping. Great timing , rhythm but a slight loss in the mid upper registers but that's evident only when you pit it against say a Klipsch Custom 3 a Rs 12K iem.
What about ed8m..they have more natural bass which i like..my only concern is their size and weight ..
They look so big it might be a problem wearing them in bed..
I can go with piston 3 any day but what turns me down is their low bass and price..(1k is fine but they should also last more)

OP
S

saurabhsingh213

Broken In

How much difference is between both?
I am gettin ed8m for 830 and p3 for 999
Is there a large difference is the sq of both these ?

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
P3 is in a different league. But most untrained ears love bright forward midbass bump kinda sound. If you want that get ED8/9. Otherwise for a refined smooth sound get the P3 or KZ ATE.

Top Bottom