Pioneer BDR 205 not detecting in system - help!!!

sathish2k8

Broken In
I am from Bangalore, My friend bought Pioneer Bluray Disc Drive BDR 205. I installed in my system i already have LG DVD RW so i am using both in SATA.

i don't know why still i am not able to see my poineer in my comp , is there any driver cd needed for this. my frd only gave this bluray drive.

any 1 please help me to resolve this.

d3p

PowerHouse
Go to the BIOS & check the status read in the Sata Ports.

Last edited:

quicky008

Technomancer
@Sathish:Check whether the sata cable that's connected to this drive is attached securely to your mobo's sata port or not,if necessary remove it and attach it firmly once again.The drive should be recognized in the bios and windows irrespective of whether the necessary drivers have been installed or not.Also ensure that the power cable is connected properly to the drive-its quite possible that the drive isn't functioning because its receiving no power.

@d3p5kor:I think one is permitted to ask questions about hardware related issues here as this place is called "Hardware Q and A"-for buying advice,users have the section called "pc components/configurations" at their disposal.Anyway,nice tagline buddy :lol:

d3p

PowerHouse
Thanks, but the post was created in Buying advice, when i replied...

Now edited..

OP
S

sathish2k8

Broken In
First of all, Thanks for Repling. In Bios it is detecting in device manager also it is showing.

*i54.tinypic.com/2ut27is.jpg

i upgraded firmware to latest from pioneer website. i don't have BD so i inserted DVD but it is showing as no disc???

please help me out.

Go to the BIOS & check the status read in the Sata Ports.

@Sathish:Check whether the sata cable that's connected to this drive is attached securely to your mobo's sata port or not,if necessary remove it and attach it firmly once again.The drive should be recognized in the bios and windows irrespective of whether the necessary drivers have been installed or not.Also ensure that the power cable is connected properly to the drive-its quite possible that the drive isn't functioning because its receiving no power.

@d3p5kor:I think one is permitted to ask questions about hardware related issues here as this place is called "Hardware Q and A"-for buying advice,users have the section called "pc components/configurations" at their disposal.Anyway,nice tagline buddy :lol:

Thanks, but the post was created in Buying advice, when i replied...

Now edited..

Sorry dude-wasn't aware of it.

i set the region code for india that is 5. so only it is showing.

i am not supposed to set region code? if yes please tell me how to reset it??? i tried with AnyDvd software but no use.

khmadhu

change is constant!!
don't reset region code again and again.. u will be having max 4 chances to change region code.. after that u will not be able to change..
better u try some other options on that..

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
i set the region code for india that is 5. so only it is showing.

i am not supposed to set region code? if yes please tell me how to reset it??? i tried with AnyDvd software but no use.

There is no use of region code. So don't change it unnecessarily.

Top Bottom