pinnacle pctv stereo TV Tuner card hangs

Status
Not open for further replies.

rentacoder

Broken In
:cry:
i have a celeron 2.4 ghz with 512 mb ram , intel motherboard ,80 gb seagate hard disk,sony combo drive,sony dvd writer. i use windows xp media center edition.my tv tuner card has a problem. 1st does not get detected by the media center app.when i use the pvr provided by pinnacle it works fine as long as i'm only watching. but when i start recording it simply hangs up. nothing happens then a dialog box is shown with the following message
PCTV Vision Main Program has encountered a problem and needs to close.We are sorry for the inconvenince.

An option to to send the error report is presented.
im sick of this problem.
please can any one help.

dIgItaL_BrAt

Cyborg Agent
the pinnacle card will not work with MCE as this card is not supported,MCE supports a limited no of cards,such as those from Hauppage.Instead u can use the pinnacle mediacentre software,available from their site.The pctv software crashes because there is a known incompatibility between PCTVand Xp service pack 2.u could try updating the drivers.a better option would be to use the sourceforge drivers and a recording app. such as WinDVR.They give much better quality and a hell of a lot of tweaking options.

dIgItaL_BrAt

Cyborg Agent
Here is the link for the sourceforge drivers-------->
*prdownloads.sourceforge.net/btwincap/btwdmdrvinstaller5.3.8.zip?download

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom