PHP Designer 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuxfan

Technomancer
How good are these for PHP coding under Windows, at least for beginners?

PHP Designer 2005 (freeware)
*www.mpsoftware.dk/phpdesigner.php

along with ...

PHP 5.0.4 installer [2,272Kb] - 31 Mar 2005 (CGI only)
*www.php.net/downloads.php

With these, the hastle to configure a server, etc. are not there at all.

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Php Designer I would also recommend .. For an integrated Php MySql Apache install, I would recommend Xampp ... No hassle at all ..

bazigaar_no_1

Broken In
hey i wanna learn PHP using PHP Designer but i cant configure it right...can ne1 plz gimme the process of configuring the whole thing right from installation to writing my first code.... thanks

Well , to learn PHP you need PHP on your PC . which is available at www.php.net . but i would also recommend you to go for XAMPP

Go to XAMPP site and download XAMPP`s .exe file which will be about 22 MB for complete version.

now install from the .exe file , by this you have php(script language) , MySQL(database) and Apache(server) installed on your PC .

now whenever you are learning or coding PHP just go to XAMPP control panel from startup menu and start PHP .

now for PHP designer , as common softwares, download & install it from their website

In PHP designer to run PHP with along with PHPdesigner. (i.e for checking scripts u made)
put all your script files to C:\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs (or wherever you installed XAMPP)

now the location htdocs in your PC is *localhost/ in your browser i.e you can view a php script running in browser (PHP is a server side script) .

for e.g you saved a file named index.php in C:\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs\meme then in your browser it`s location is *localhost/meme

Try googling for more tutorials on PHP

OP
tuxfan

tuxfan

Technomancer
My dear friend, to save one from the trouble of configuring so much, I have given the links :roll:

Just download from the two links and get going!! In PHP Designer specify the path of PHP (CGI ) installation.

BTW, also download PHP manual from PHP site. Its pretty useful.

OP
tuxfan

tuxfan

Technomancer
Good link. But its pretty irritating to remain connected all throughout to read the book :roll: There surely must be equally good options for off-line reading as well ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom