Photoshop experts, please help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

go4saket

Hello Friends! Can any one explain me the procedure of cutting out a particular part of the picture. Take for example the below mentioned picture. I want to cut the picture of Kareena Kapoor and paste in it some other background. The lasso or the magic wand tools were the ones I tried, but the problem was with the hairs. As the hairs are so scattered, I wasn't able to cut the picture properly.

May be I am not too good in explaining, but I guess you got what I actually want to do. I know there is some way to do it and to do that I need your help. So, if possible, please help me in this.

Thank you.

*www.geocities.com/go4saket/images/digit_forum/kareena2_wp.jpg

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
I am interested to know as well. But I have my primitive method which I tried.
Just select the magic wand tool, uncheck "contiguous selection" and click on the blue background. If the selection omits a lot of lighter shades of blue (near the strands), then lower the value in the Tolerance text box and try again. After getting a shade of blue out, delete it and then select the remaining shade again until you have eliminated all. But this method leaves a very ugly aliased effect on the fine strands. You can try to blur the strand against the new background to reduce the ugliness.
Another method would be to remove those hair that are too blended to the background.
Let's see what the experts say.

sting

Journeyman
Apply Feather before u copying the selection from the Orgianl file

here is my simple try
*img201.imageshack.us/img201/6212/ka9uw.jpg

OP
go4saket

go4saket

Thanks Sting, but as you can see, you have trimmed a lot of her hairs off. Thats not what I intend to do. I want to take her out of the background with her hairs.

NikhilVerma

Padawan
*img431.imageshack.us/img431/6840/1112bz.jpg

Well I did this from the file.. Actually the quality of the jpeg is crap due to high compression so nothing much can be done... But here is a better way of extracting pictures...

Select ---> Color Range
Then click the background in the pic
and se the fuzziness to about 120
and then click ok
Press Ctrl + Shift + I
and then press Ctrl + J

and you have the image with the background removed ! :D

aag692k

Broken In
There is a rather involved method for just this type of problem which i have used

NO i am no expert just followed instructions from another experts tutorials will try to give u link if u dont mind a complicated but excellent way

please do let me know

aag

aag692k

Broken In
There is a rather involved method for just this type of problem which i have used

NO i am no expert just followed instructions from another experts tutorials will try to give u link if u dont mind a complicated but excellent way

*www.pixeladdiction.com/bb/articles.php?action=viewarticle&artid=25

i hope it is not wrong to give a link to another website

try it its worth it

aag

aag692k

Broken In

*www.pixeladdiction.com/bb/articles.php?action=viewarticle&artid=25

i hope it is not wrong to give a link to another website

try it its worth it

aag

aag692k

Broken In
well heres a rather rough one i made in a few mins

if u take greater care results are bound to be better

*img439.imageshack.us/img439/6376/karalt1gm.jpg

hope it is helpful

aag

Status