Photography Gear Thread

sujoyp

Grand Master
Guys I found that we dont have any thread dedicated to the gears we own...I would like you guys to take a nice snap of ur gears and post here...

Also add what currently you are dreaming of acquiring/or saving to get (no pics of this please)

And please post pictures of size around 640x480 :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My gears

*lh3.googleusercontent.com/-FHVqmqGlPf8/Tc6gxzYBWlI/AAAAAAAAGDA/BiGwFGEwo8M/s640/14052011162.jpg

Left -->Right ....Manual Extension Tube,nikon 50mm 1.8 AF, Nikon D3100 + Nikon 18-55 AFS VR lens , Nikon 55-200 AFS VR , Lens Hood, Reverse Ring

*lh3.googleusercontent.com/-KE5mZ-Eun7M/TjL2vTnLRaI/AAAAAAAAGgs/gVaKYacjBeU/s640/DSC_5419.JPG
Yongnou YN465

*lh3.googleusercontent.com/-KDQ7hnnCdN0/Tl0B1wOu_TI/AAAAAAAAGsE/0m9W86PWvcA/s640/DSC_6675.JPG
Nikkor 55mm 2.8 Micro AIS Lens

*lh5.googleusercontent.com/-kRZCNqTBLlU/TxBMYeHj5RI/AAAAAAAAG9c/HKEr7I_Ae38/s640/DSC_1646.JPG
Vanguard ESPOD 203AP

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7184/6968682389_87a90ee24b_z.jpg
Lowepro Pro Runner 200AW by sujoyp, on Flickr

LowePro Pro Runner 200AW Bag
I have a Tamrac Velocity 6x bag too

Right now I am saving for a Nikon 300mm f4 AFS and D7000 :)

Last edited:

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Very nice thread... :thumbs:

I don't have a secondary camera to take a snap of the camera I am using.

I can dream of sujoy gifting me his hear when he upgrades to D7000 ;)

Right now I am saving for a Nikon 300mm f4 AFS and D7000 :smile:
So we can expect a thread from you soon in Buy and Sell section in the near future :thumbs:

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
Nac take a shot with ur mobile camera...comon people all u have mobile cams with you to take a shot :D

LOL I wish I had the money to gift something like that...but definitely I am going to sell off my D3100 when I can arrange for remaining amount for D7000 .....

nac

Aspiring Novelist
No, I don't have a cam in my mobile. It's a basic set... I'll figure out something and post a photo of my cam.

BTB, You have 50mm prime, then why do you need 55mm?

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
Its nikon 50mm 1.8 which is said to be the favorite lens for portrait...and I bought it for macro using reverse ring and extension tubes :D
only last month 1 used it for portraiture ;)

I bought nikon 55mm 2.8 micro lens coz using reverse ring and ET was too hectic...and I got this macro lens for very cheap

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
*farm9.staticflickr.com/8427/7880987566_5092055f89_z.jpg
IMG_1359 by marvelprash, on Flickr

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7131/7880989544_80950e645c_z.jpg
IMG_1363 by marvelprash, on Flickr

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8297/7880982154_fc5621b6a3_z.jpg
IMG_1364 by marvelprash, on Flickr

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
its powershot sx240...its very sleek ....when I saw sx220 it was bit more fatter than this

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
trublu pics pics pics :D post pics of ur gear....

guys also post if you are planning to buy something new related to photography

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Here is mine...

*img402.imageshack.us/img402/5229/img6762av.jpg

Shot this one with the help of mirror and edited...

I have no plan of upgrading to better camera in the near future. But I dream to have a nice and good pro camera.

Thought of buying a cheapo tripod, but after watching Kai's "funny" video I don't think I will buy one...

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
@nac r u a college guy or on job coz if u r in job then someday u r going to upgrade it...else if u r still a student then u have to wait untill u get good job :D

Cheap tripod may not be useful in all situations but defiantly u need them for long exposures ...soo get the cheapest tripod u find according to ur specs.

Even my tripod can carry just 3 kg and already my plans r big for next year (just the 300mm f4 will weight 1.2kg and D7000 will cost another 700gm )...but right now its adequate

trublu

Ta da !
My next purchase is going to be THIS

God knows when I will save up for it. Money isn't the issue..laziness is :D

Quick question : Is it a good choice?

nac

Aspiring Novelist
^ Nope

It doesn't have IS. You can buy either Canon 55-250 for 12.5k or Tamron 70-300 VC for 27k. Pick the one which fits your budget.

Sujoy,
Yeah, I may need it but it's highly impossible in the near future. Even then, I think I would go for a used one. I don't have a heart to spend too much money on cameras. May be I will buy a new one when I am making tons and tons of money... :)

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
hmmm nac u have mind but no heart for camera gear :D :D

@trublu nac is right the best zoom lens in that range is canon 55-250 IS

trublu

Ta da !
Hmm.. thanks for this advice..even I was a little bit skeptical about getting this because of the non-IS thing, given the weight of a zoom lens. Neither of current lenses have IS. I have had to practise a lot to teach myself how to hold the camera still :( .

The reason why I initially chose the Sigma lens is because like nac, I have the heart but not the mind to spend much on camera gear :D

Top Bottom