Phone within 5k

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeekyBoy

In the zone
My dad wants to buy a new cellphone within 5k.He already has a nokia 6600.

What's the best nokia phone within Rs 5000 ?

Sumeet_naik

It doesn't matter!
Nokia 3500 classic... Just costs some 300-400 extra:). Or if you are under strict budget then 3110 classic...

Nokia 5130 XpressMusic can be had for around 5.6K. The best phone at its budget. QVGA screen, dedicated music keys, upto 8GB expandable memory, video/audio/image playback and recording, 2.0MP camera, great looks.

I am not sure if its Symbian S60 or S40. Someone needs to help me here. Because if it is S60, there is NO phone more VFM than it.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am not sure if its Symbian S60 or S40. Someone needs to help me here. Because if it is S60, there is NO phone more VFM than it.
The Symbian phones of Nokia which are actually smartphones are called S60 and the Nokia phones which don't have Symbian but have Java MIDP are called S40. S40 phones can't be called smartphones. :)

S stands for series. :)

prasad_den

Padawan
Nokia 3110c if within a strict budget.. Costs just 4.3K and comes with a bundled 512MB card.. Got evrything you need.. :)

My friend bought a SE W200i recently. Got it for Rs. 4,410 incl taxes. Free 2.1 portable speakers which connect directly to the mobile worth 1.6K and free 1GB memory card.

OP
GeekyBoy

GeekyBoy

In the zone
What's 3500c got better than 3110c? If its only the 2.0mp camera, I think 3110c is better.
Could anyone list the pros and cons of the 3100classic please ?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
My friend bought a SE W200i recently. Got it for Rs. 4,410 incl taxes. Free 2.1 portable speakers which connect directly to the mobile worth 1.6K and free 1GB memory card.
The only down point of W200i is that it lacks Bluetooth.

+1 from me too for Nokia 3110c.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Nokia 5130 XpressMusic can be had for around 5.6K. The best phone at its budget. QVGA screen, dedicated music keys, upto 8GB expandable memory, video/audio/image playback and recording, 2.0MP camera, great looks.

+1 for Nokia 5130 XM.

It runs s40 v5 FP1, it's not a symbian smartphone.

OP
GeekyBoy

GeekyBoy

In the zone
I think he'll be buying the 3110c. Could you suggest a good earphone for the 3110c, as I've heard it has a mono one ?

TECH_MANAGER

Broken In
nokia 2600 C for Rs 3100- it has bluetooth, Gprs, edge, camera, music player, long battery life of 3-4 days, Gprs, comes with an extra changeable cover - it means u get 2 colors, 1000 entries phonebook.
its the best vfm phone of this year.
have a look here- *www.gsmarena.com/nokia_2600_classic-2221.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom