Phone under 9k (+/-1k) for games and good camera with OTG support

Bencollins

Broken In
1. Budget: ~9k. can increase to 10k only if its really worth it. or 8k if i can get one in that price range.
2. Display type and size: 4" preferred for portability. HD display if bigger than 4" I already have a tab so big screen isn't necessary.
3. Form Factor: any
4. Preferred choice of brand: any brand
5. Preferred input method: touch
6. What camera option you want: Good camera with autofocus, good low light shooting (indoor with CFL lightning) and full HD video recording
7. Preferred operating system?: android
8. Preferred connectivity options wifi. OTG is required for connecting dual shock 3
9. Preferred applications: umm? games maybe?
10. Primary use of handset: gaming and photo/video recording
11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration: don't know much about phones and their processors gpu etc.
but saw Micromax Canvas 2 Colors A120 which got HD display, full HD recording (specs show HD recording but reviewers confirmed it can record FHD). It got 5" display which is not good for me but it'll work. no idea about OTG support
12. Any other info that you want to share: Again, my requirements are: display size 4" preferred, HD display is required fir phones with 4.5 or 5" display. will prefer smaller screen with high pixel density. OTG is required and Good camera with low light (indoor shots with CFL/tubelight) and autofocus. good quality Full HD video recording is also required

Minion

Conversation Architect
Man you are expecting too much from a 9k phone good low light shooting is even a challenge for 50k phones I will warn against going for Indian brands their support is pathetic.
Get Gionee Pioneer P4 or you may even go for moto E.

OP
B

Bencollins

Broken In
Man you are expecting too much from a 9k phone good low light shooting is even a challenge for 50k phones I will warn against going for Indian brands their support is pathetic.
Get Gionee Pioneer P4 or you may even go for moto E.

I'm not expecting extreme low light performance. I'm referring to indoor photography, with light from windows or CFL/tubelight. My ipad gives satisfactory low light performance. I was expecting something like that. If i can't get that kind of camera performance in this budget, then any phone with full HD video recording, OTG support and HD display will do.

Isn't gionee a chinese brand? are you sure they provide good service?

Not interested in moto E as my primary requirement is a gaming phone with good camera. moto E lacks AF.

ps: i already have a phone for my other needs. I'll use this phone only as a portable gaming console and camera at home.

OP
B

Bencollins

Broken In
Sony Xperia M may be the best choice due to its GPU, Adreno 305

according to gogi . in
The benchmark scores especially the FPS looks really good, however you cannot install games on external storage. This means you hardly get 1.5GB of space that too on the first boot without any user apps installed, this is not enough for many high end games like MC4 etc.

How can i install multiple games on a phone w/o external storage installation support? (i'm n00b in mobile phones and android stuff)

and it has relatively poor camera which is not acceptable for me :(

otherwise it seems quite good, 4" screen and sony brand.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
get Xperia M/L as they are playstation certified and will support Dual shock 3.
Source: *www.playstation.com/psm/certified.html
Personally, Xperia L is better.

Dastan

Broken In
[MENTION=208274]Bencollins[/MENTION] There are numerous work arounds for the storage problem if you are willing to unlock bootloader and root - like swapping sd. Just Google to know more, if you can read the instructions carefully and follow them precisely then you can make most out of your device, especially so since xperia m/L have more than decent development (see xda developers).

according to gogi . in
The benchmark scores especially the FPS looks really good, however you cannot install games on external storage. This means you hardly get 1.5GB of space that too on the first boot without any user apps installed, this is not enough for many high end games like MC4 etc.

How can i install multiple games on a phone w/o external storage installation support? (i'm n00b in mobile phones and android stuff)

and it has relatively poor camera which is not acceptable for me :(

otherwise it seems quite good, 4" screen and sony brand.

Man you expect too much from 10k devices, really. With Sony Xperia M, you have to root your devices n do some things to get that extra internal storage (swapping sd card)

Other option is Xperia L @ 10k w/o warranty from eBay

Minion

Conversation Architect

Isn't gionee a chinese brand? are you sure they provide good service?

Yes,Gionee is a Chinese brand but they provide better service than Indian brands.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly you will not find any good phone within 9k You may go for Xolo,Micromax etc but you will face battery problem after 6 months and their availability is a issue even their roms are buggy too.
I will suggest you to go for gionee or add 2k more and get moto G or Xperia L.

androi

Right off the assembly line
Yes,Gionee is a Chinese brand but they provide better service than Indian brands.

Honestly you will not find any good phone within 9k You may go for Xolo,Micromax etc but you will face battery problem after 6 months and their availability is a issue even their roms are buggy too.
I will suggest you to go for gionee or add 2k more and get moto G or Xperia L.

+1, yes Gionee is a chinese brand which doesn't act like one. Its known for built quality at low price tag. I suggest Gionee M2 since it got a Jumbo battey of 4200 Mah ( more playing time), 5" Screen, can use as powerbank to charge ur ipad, kitkat update coming. Camera isn't too bad, take a look at video samples in Youtube. Not sure about Dual shock 3 support and high end gaming performance. But your budget is too low for highend gaming or extent your budget get Moto G.

Top Bottom