Phone under 40k (ANDROID)

mindfreak2u

Broken In
hey guys i am planning to buy a new phone as my boards are getting over... ^_^ i was quite confused on what to buy and what to wait for as the MWC released some amazing phones, but a tad too pricey. thanks for ur suggestions :D

1. Budget?
30-40k (max 40k)

2. Display type and size?
around 5" ( no phablets please, have to do a lot of travelling)

3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip?
BAR
4. Preferred choice of brand?
SONY/ HTC PLEASE NO SAMSHIT

5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type).
Touchscreen

6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera.
A good cam preferably with good low light imaging

7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
Android only

8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly.
Both 3g & WiFi

9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)?
SWYPE , GPS

10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)?
Gaming, multimedia

11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
Xperia Z1, Z1 compact

12. Any other info that you want to share
I can wait for some better phones to come. i heard about G3 and nexus 6 coming this june or so. i can wait a bit as long as its worth the wait and in my budget :)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
G3/Nexus6/Note4 etc will have 2K display as their main selling point which i doubt will make any difference to that of 1080p display shipping on current gen mobile. Snapdragon 805 may be worth waiting for but won't ship before Q3. Go for LG G2 32GB.

OP
M

mindfreak2u

Broken In
but guys i heard that LG UI is ****. the editor wanted to throw the phone after a days use :/

- - - Updated - - -

waiting is bliss ive learnt that. any good phones coming up with some better features?

ithehappy

Human Spambot
I am sorry but I will NOT recommend LG.
With that budget I would definitely recommend S4 and save some money, but I can understand your hatred towards Samsung. Seems Z1 is your best bet. I am an admirer of Sony, but LCD display, nah!
Are you restricted to Android only?

OP
M

mindfreak2u

Broken In
yes i like android a lot. well i am open to rooting so its ok with lg. the battery is a mammoth in g2. i heard that z1 has bad viewing angles also. things like these are confusing me. help!

secondly, the device is too big to fit in an ordianry pocket :/ i told ya i will be travelling and that too in trains. wont be able to carry such a big phn :/

How bout nexus 5 ?

Last edited:

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Well everyone roots an Android, so that's no biggie. If you find G2 okay, then I don't think there's a problem. I personally don't like LG phones, and won't buy one, but that's like saying you don't like Samsung phones, meaningless discussions.
I would choose G2 over N5, hundred outta hundred times.

G2 is great phone for your budget.........

Get Z1 Compact, if you feel G2, Z1, etc are big & difficult for you to use & carry around.
Note: G2 is smaller than Z1 despite the bigger screen

prateek_san

Phenom II X4 920 Owner
The UI isnt that bad, here is mine with Kitkat 4.4.2. this is the stock UI without any modifications. And yes if you will be rooting it, then you can change a lot of things. check G2 Xposed avaliable in playstore for more.
Screenshot_2014-03-31-21-47-02.jpg

OP
M

mindfreak2u

Broken In
What about new upcoming phones? MWC just passed guys. the prices shall drop and new phones shall flood the market. is it worth the wait?

satinder

DELHIITE
If You can wait.
It will be worth.
LG G2 is smallest, Best camera wise.
Try to check in your hand at Croma Store or any big Store.
You may like it.
Check Sony Z series also.
Every Individual has its own likes.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
What about new upcoming phones? MWC just passed guys. the prices shall drop and new phones shall flood the market. is it worth the wait?
Wait for what? If you keep waiting you will eventually try to find points to wait even more. Which is a good thing if you were in my situation :|

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
hey guys i am planning to buy a new phone as my boards are getting over... ^_^ i was quite confused on what to buy and what to wait for as the MWC released some amazing phones, but a tad too pricey. thanks for ur suggestions :D

1. Budget?
30-40k (max 40k)

2. Display type and size?
around 5" ( no phablets please, have to do a lot of travelling)

3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip?
BAR
4. Preferred choice of brand?
SONY/ HTC PLEASE NO SAMSHIT

5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type).
Touchscreen

6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera.
A good cam preferably with good low light imaging

7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
Android only

8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly.
Both 3g & WiFi

9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)?
SWYPE , GPS

10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)?
Gaming, multimedia

11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
Xperia Z1, Z1 compact

12. Any other info that you want to share
I can wait for some better phones to come. i heard about G3 and nexus 6 coming this june or so. i can wait a bit as long as its worth the wait and in my budget :)

"No Samshit".....I like this guy :), Personally I wont even consider buying a S */Note in a hundred years, atleast not until the phones being launched in India by Shamesung are at par with the international launches.

Anyways, I would recommend waiting for the LG G3, its supposed to have a QUAD HD display and trust me like last year was the year of FHD, this would be the year of QUAD HD and you will regret not having one :)

However If you are insistent on buying a phone now I would recommend the following in the order of preference.

1. HTC ONE M8

2. LG G PRO 2

3. LG G2 LTE

4. SONY XPERIA Z2

Cheers!
Abhijit

$hadow

Geek in making
Z2 is launched for 599 pounds in UK so I am expecting it to be launched around 60k in India.
M8 will probably sometime gonna freak out with its over saturated colors in the night. Plus will be around 50k
Check out Z1 or even M7 both are selling at a good price after their upgrades are announced.

Z2 is launched for 599 pounds in UK so I am expecting it to be launched around 60k in India.
M8 will probably sometime gonna freak out with its over saturated colors in the night. Plus will be around 50k
Check out Z1 or even M7 both are selling at a good price after their upgrades are announced.

I think you mentioned it wrong......... HTC One M8 has chances of being priced at 60k, not Z2.......... Sony is reasonable with its pricing........ Who knows it may even be launched at 45k or so as rupee became a bit strong recently

$hadow

Geek in making
I think you mentioned it wrong......... HTC One M8 has chances of being priced at 60k, not Z2.......... Sony is reasonable with its pricing........ Who knows it may even be launched at 45k or so as rupee became a bit strong recently

If it launches at 45k I would be the first to buy Z2. I am looking forward to buy it and HTC is no way in my list. And 60k would be the dead end for HTC if they did that.

If it launches at 45k I would be the first to buy Z2. I am looking forward to buy it and HTC is no way in my list. And 60k would be the dead end for HTC if they did that.

History is indicating towards 60k pricing....... One Maxx was launched for 50k+, remember ??

I was hoping that Lenovo would buy HTC, but instead they bought Motorola

$hadow

Geek in making
History is indicating towards 60k pricing....... One Maxx was launched for 50k+, remember ??

I was hoping that Lenovo would buy HTC, but instead they bought Motorola

Well now a days is more known for their crazy pricing than their product. if they priced it at 60 k than it would be final nail in the coffin oz than the crowd will move towards the s5.

OP
M

mindfreak2u

Broken In
****, when are the new phones coming out? my neo v went for repairing 2 times in a week ;_; need a new phone badly..... can wait till may i guess...c:p

Top Bottom