Phone Stolen want to Prevent it from being used by the Thief !

Kvishal

In the zone
Hi Guys,

If someone could help me by giving information on this, My Samsung Galaxy S2 got stolen yesterday. I didn't have a Mobile Tracking System enabled on it. But had a screen lock password on it, So in normal scenario without the access code on it nobody can unlock the screen, I believe Samsung Service Center Guys can unlock it. If I have lost my phone, fine But I even dont want that thief to enjoy the privilege of using my stolen phone. Apart from the Service Center guys is there any other way, any other software available in the market which can unlock that screen ?

Surprisingly Samsung does not have anyways to stop a unauthorised person without a proper identity to stop him from walking into a Samsung service Center and asking them to unlock the phone. All they say is, we ask for a bill, But they also said that with the bill the loophole is, you could just get the bill from any shop which sells cellphone pretending that he has sold it to you and we as service Center will still unlock it. Even the police said they cannot do anything on this, it is impossible to find such a lost/stolen phone without the tracking software. But isn't there a default system on all the phones that once a new sim is entered in the phone all service provides are sent a alert about a lost/stolen phone? What are my options, If I don't find my phone ok, But I don't want even the thief of my phone to enjoy it. I have blocked my sim, registered a Police Report, informed Samsung Contact Centre guys But I feel it may not help.

The person can always wipe out your stock ROM and install a 3rd party ROM or even re-flash the stock through Odin.. you're helpless right now..

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
@Kvishal: The thief will sell it & not use it on his own that's their business.

Only Cellular Operators can track your phone using IMEI

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
And will that get it working Fully functional ? is it ?

Yes... it is easy on a Samsung device...

There is an app called Cerberus -- Cerberus is the best Anti-Theft App for Android [Review]

Its a decent paid application that ever expensive phone user should use... I had read it can even remotely brick the stolen device, so that the thief can no longer use it...

But since it as not installed and set up on your phone, you might be out of luck...

KDroid

Cyborg Agent
There's a Lost Mobile tracking cell in my city. Any normal person can lodge a complaint with IMEI number & Bill and they will try their best to nab the person using the mobile phone. They have solved numerous cases as well. See if there's something like this in your city. I wasn't aware about this thing until recently and it exists from quite a long time.

The thief, most probably will take it to a so called know-it-all Mobile Guru who'll flash it anyway.

OP
K

Kvishal

In the zone
@Kvishal: The thief will sell it & not use it on his own that's their business.

But my question is will anybody buy from him a phone which does not even unlocks the screen, and mind you these are not tech savvy, software wiz guys to be ale to do all this stock Rom flashing and stuff, they are pretty layman, sadakchaap rowdies for them these kind of tech language is Greek and Latin.

Only Cellular Operators can track your phone using IMEI

Yes and that is what I am hoping for ? But how can I do it ?

KDroid

Cyborg Agent
^^

The thief, most probably will take it to a so called know-it-all Mobile Guru who'll flash it anyway.

He will take it to a shopkeeper who sells stolen mobile phone and sell it to him otherwise.

sukant

Fragholic
I believe its a cycle , the thief in most of case is only a middlemen unless he personally intends to use the cell .

shashankm

I reign hell..
Try to pull some strings with police, ministry. Worked wonders for a well placed guy in my area back in 2007 when he lost his N91 which was a sensation back then. Police gave back the phone within 5 days!

Police can do anything, only if they want to!!! Its position can be locked using the GPS module present in the phone, provided service provider actually allow you to dig through HLR and VLR which is impossible unless you've great contacts in the same company or police is at your aid!

Samsung also has an utility but for which you need to register to your phone first.

Or if you had 3G on with gmail sync'd up, login into your gmail account, check the last login session, pickup the ip and the contact back your phone service provider. They can try to track the phone using the device id based on 3G connection.

Good luck dude, I know what it feels like!

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
But my question is will anybody buy from him a phone which does not even unlocks the screen, and mind you these are not tech savvy, software wiz guys to be ale to do all this stock Rom flashing and stuff, they are pretty layman, sadakchaap rowdies for them these kind of tech language is Greek and Latin.
Ever heard of Chor bazaar or similar like...:cool:
Agree the thief is not techno geek..but he has connections with other tech geeks :twisted:

Only police has the power to track through Cellular operator or if u r a son of some minister/VVIP :mrgreen:

Top Bottom