Phone getting OFF Now and Then

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
I have 2 years old Redmi Note 7S.
Since past week I'm getting serious issue.
When a pop up notification come up from Whatsapp or telegram apps my phone getting OFF instantly.
After restarting manually it working fine.
I don't have any other issue with phone such as heating issue.
Is it time to buy a new mobile phone before too late or something else ?
Please help me.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Looks like a loose battery connector but if this happens only during notifications then perhaps it's a software issue. If possible, try it with a different ROM if you have unlocked bootloader and see if you can replicate the issue.

OP
Revolution

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
Looks like a loose battery connector but if this happens only during notifications then perhaps it's a software issue. If possible, try it with a different ROM if you have unlocked bootloader and see if you can replicate the issue.
Thanks but No only those app and pop up notification. My phone is not rooted. Its stock miui 12

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Then it will go back to Old MIUI ?
May be to MIUI Ver 8 ?
I can't remember yet.
I don't think so. IIRC, if you have installed updates it will also install the latest factory image. But I am not sure, perhaps someone else here can confirm. Otherwise check with Mi customer care or some online community before proceeding.

OP
Revolution

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
I don't think so. IIRC, if you have installed updates it will also install the latest factory image. But I am not sure, perhaps someone else here can confirm. Otherwise check with Mi customer care or some online community before proceeding.
No.
Actually I just remembered.
When Redmi CC reset my phone it lost all updates. But there is no option then it's the only option left. Unfortunately my daily internet data quota is 2gb. I have no Broadband internet.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Any chance you can ignore the updates and continue using phone like normal? Or just top up with a data pack, 1 day data pack are cheaper I think because of less validity.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Factory reset will revert it to the last version you updated your system. So, it will be MIUI 12 in your case. You won't be reverted to MIUI 11 or MIUI 8.
Take a backup of the phone.

The phone issue of OFF on notifications is related to Kernel getting corrupt which is restarting your phone. I had similar issue long time back with my HTC phone. Factory reset should probably fix it.

I suggest you root your phone and install custom kernel with Stock Vanilla Android for better performance.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
I have 2 years old Redmi Note 7S.
Since past week I'm getting serious issue.
When a pop up notification come up from Whatsapp or telegram apps my phone getting OFF instantly.
After restarting manually it working fine.
I don't have any other issue with phone such as heating issue.
Is it time to buy a new mobile phone before too late or something else ?
Please help me.
By any chance does it only happen when your phone vibrates? Try putting on silent, if it still switches off, then it is on software side. If vibration is causing issue then vibration motor is the cause.

like others, if it is software issue, i too wud suggest you to flash custom rom.

OP
Revolution

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
Factory reset will revert it to the last version you updated your system. So, it will be MIUI 12 in your case. You won't be reverted to MIUI 11 or MIUI 8.
Take a backup of the phone.

The phone issue of OFF on notifications is related to Kernel getting corrupt which is restarting your phone. I had similar issue long time back with my HTC phone. Factory reset should probably fix it.

I suggest you root your phone and install custom kernel with Stock Vanilla Android for better performance.
Thank you but I have no idea about Rooting. I'm not that geek. But if Rooting is safely done without dead phone then I could have try. This is my one and only phone.

OP
Revolution

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
By any chance does it only happen when your phone vibrates? Try putting on silent, if it still switches off, then it is on software side. If vibration is causing issue then vibration motor is the cause.

like others, if it is software issue, i too wud suggest you to flash custom rom.
I will try to off vibration from all.
Incoming call, notification all.
Let's see.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Thank you but I have no idea about Rooting. I'm not that geek. But if Rooting is safely done without dead phone then I could have try. This is my one and only phone.
Then better stay away from Rooting & Bootloader unlocking. In doing so you might mess up the whole process and phone will become brick.

OP
Revolution

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
Then better stay away from Rooting & Bootloader unlocking. In doing so you might mess up the whole process and phone will become brick.
If this was my secondary phone then I could have try. I have no experience in rooting. May be I will try when I buy a new phone in future. Then I will try on old phone.

OP
Revolution

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
Tried to turn off vibration totally.
Most time it's working but few times again same issue. Don't know why.
Please tell me if there is any easy way to backup on my pc or sd card. May be I really need to hard reset my phone and go back to stock version of miui.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Just connect your phone using the USB cable, set your phone to File transfer mode and copy all the important stuff to some folder on your PC/laptop.

Top Bottom