Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nokia 510

• Lava Iris 455

• None of the Above

• Total voters
Phone for Sister; Budget 5-6k ; Any use if i update budget to 8k ?

Hi,
My Chechi needs a phone as her old phone was broken by her sisters kid... :shock:

Please see the requirements :
1. Budget? 5~6k
2. Display type and size? bigger the better
3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip? Bar
4. Preferred choice of brand? Nokia or anything that can withstand her sister's kid strength
5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type). Normal/Touch n type
6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera. Good if we have front cam.
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc). Anything that wont hang is Ok.
8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly. 3G+Wifi
9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)? All. Mainly whatsapp support
10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)? Phone,Music,internet , applications n games
11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? Nokia 206
12. Any other info that you want to share Planning to buy this week. Any good deals or any new releases ?

Do we have any better phones if i increase the budget to 7~8k ???
I forgot to mention, It should be dual sim.

Last edited:

Flash

Lost in speed
Nokia 206 doesn't support Wifi.
If you can wait till June, you can get a better phone "Asha 501" at the same budget.

Nokia 206 vs. Nokia Asha 501 - GSMArena.com

Shah

Cyborg Agent
Any advantage if I change to 8k ?

You can grab a Lumia 510 for 8k. But, Apps availability will be an head-ache. For 6k, Get a Asha 311. Asha 501 lacks 3G and has less ppi compared to 311. 311 has better camera too. But, 501 has a wide screen compared to 311's lenghty screen; Both are 3-inches though. 311 has WQVGA resolution while 501 has QVGA resolution. 311 has double the RAM of 501; But, It won't help in any way as multitasking is not supported in both.

IMO, 501 should get launched below 5k.

Last edited:
How is Micromax A89 ?
Can we be consider this ? We are having good reviews and excellent specs ?
Do anybody knows whether there will be any radiation problems (SAR values) for Micromax phones ? Cause she is having a 5 months old kid.

Last edited:

Flash

Lost in speed
How is Micromax A89 ?
Can it be consider this ? We are having good reviews and excellent specs ?
Do anybody knows whether there will be any radiation problems (SAR values) for Micromax phones ? Cause she is having a 5 months old kid.
I'm sure Micromax itself is not aware of what SAR is; moreover most of them are Rebranded-chinese phones.

Shah

Cyborg Agent
How is Micromax A89 ?
Can it be consider this ? We are having good reviews and excellent specs ?

Leave the SAR rating aside. Imagine what will happen If her kid drops it. In simple words, Waste of 6k.

gt@_guy

Broken In
Leave the SAR rating aside. Imagine what will happen If her kid drops it. In simple words, Waste of 6k.

Please try to research a bit before posting.
Check out their site .. they clearly mention SAR values of each and every phone.
Moreover companies like karbonn too mention SAR values.

Shah

Cyborg Agent
Please try to research a bit before posting.
Check out their site .. they clearly mention SAR values of each and every phone.
Moreover companies like karbonn too mention SAR values.

I was not talking about the SAR values. Rather, I was talking about the build quality and reliability. OP wants something that can resist some hits and abuses.

Till now I couldn't find any good phones.

Decided to wait for Asha 210 and 501 release...

Should I bother about these phones ?
Samsung Galaxy Y S5360
Samsung Galaxy Young S6310

Top Bottom