1. Budget?
A: 6k

2. Display type and size?
A: 4.5-4.7"

3. Dual sim?
A: doesn't matter

4. Preferred choice of brand?
A: Microsoft; Motorola

5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)?
A: not important

6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc).
A: Win, android

7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready).
A: 3G

8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)?
A: calling, internet, multimedia, some gaming

9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
A: Lumia 630, 435, 535; moto e 2nd gen

10. Any other info that you want to share
A: can't think of

please suggest (esp. which would be better out of 630, 435, 535....or any else).

TIA!

I can't say anything about WP, but among android phones Moto E 4G version is a good phone.

You can check Xiaomi Redmi 2 too. I has one of the best camera under 7k (primary one, ofcourse) (Lumia 640 has similar camera in WP dept)

Decide which OS you want first

OP
GhorMaanas

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
thanks for the suggestions! i deliberately kept redmi 2 out of the list due to the question-mark over its service.

also, had forgot to add. the purchase would be made on 15th Aug. or around that time.

After sales ain't so good & you wouldn't find service centres easily if you ran into some problem. In that respect Moto & Microsoft are better

OP
GhorMaanas

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
After sales ain't so good & you wouldn't find service centres easily if you ran into some problem. In that respect Moto & Microsoft are better

yes; that was the concern. the friend will be a first-time smartphone-user. although he was/is interested in redmi 2 as well, but it was i who told him not to bother due to lack of service. he's from Indore BTW.

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
If camera is not a priority then Moto E 2ng gen(4G variant) is the best option IMO.Note the 4g version has SD 410 while the 3g variant has SD200(I think).

Minion

Conversation Architect
yes; that was the concern. the friend will be a first-time smartphone-user. although he was/is interested in redmi 2 as well, but it was i who told him not to bother due to lack of service. he's from Indore BTW.

For 6k there is no good phone.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Just got Redmi 2. It's a cool phone for the price, unless you like to play lots of high end games.

Elegant UI. Native call recording, dual sim, excellent camera for the price, just the right size screen for one hand operation, lots of customization options only present in rooted android.

Only thing I don't like is slippery back cover. I fear dropping it.

No idea about after sales service. But I guess if you take care, it will last.

My LG G2 is still going strong.

OP
GhorMaanas

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
For 6k there is no good phone.

agreed.

- - - Updated - - -

No...how abt yu yuphoria?

display is quite big, so not an option.

- - - Updated - - -

Just got Redmi 2. It's a cool phone for the price, unless you like to play lots of high end games.

Elegant UI. Native call recording, dual sim, excellent camera for the price, just the right size screen for one hand operation, lots of customization options only present in rooted android.

Only thing I don't like is slippery back cover. I fear dropping it.

No idea about after sales service. But I guess if you take care, it will last.

My LG G2 is still going strong.

thanks for the feedback! looks like this should be given the entry to the list of options.
the final 'filter' to decide a phone would most probably be the offers and coupons available for the I-day. :)

OP
GhorMaanas

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
so the moment of purchase is very near (tomorrow), and we've shortlisted Yuphoria and Redmi 2. had read a review of the former, but didn't appear very inspiring. what would be the suggestions of forum-members?

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
so the moment of purchase is very near (tomorrow), and we've shortlisted Yuphoria and Redmi 2. had read a review of the former, but didn't appear very inspiring. what would be the suggestions of forum-members?
Redmi 2 with 2gb ram launched :)
Xiaomi launches India-made Redmi 2 Prime - GSMArena.com news

OP
GhorMaanas

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
Redmi 2 with 2gb ram launched :)
Xiaomi launches India-made Redmi 2 Prime - GSMArena.com news
yes; kept one added in my cart on amazon since noon. :)

- - - Updated - - -

ordered the redmi 2 prime from amazon tonight. thanks for chipping in everyone!

priti9898

Banned
I think your budgeted smartphone is Karbonn Titanium S6. I saw this mobile phone low price from MosKart. visit: *moskart.com/karbonn-titanium-s6-black

Top Bottom