Phone for 9.5K

darnee

Broken In
1. Budget - 9500

2. Display type and size? Nothing Specific

3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip? Bar

4. Preferred choice of brand? HTC,Samsung,LG only

5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type). Touch

6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera. Atleast 3.2 MP rear

7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc). Android Only

8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly. 3G and Wifi

9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)? Nothing Specific

10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)? Multimedia

11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? HTC Explorer, LG Optimus Net

12.Queries
(1) Will Optimus Net's 832 Mhz processor make a big difference against Explorer's 600 Mhz?
(2) Will either of Optimus Net or Explorer be getting ICS 4 update ever?

Thanks in advance.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
HTC explorer would be one to get. Optimus net not that bad. If it doent get android 4 you can always install custom rom :wink:

pramudit

Gaming hardcore
get explorer, if you dont find explorer then get optimus net....

queries-
1. explorer 600mhz proccessor is better and faster than 800mhz processor of net due to scorpion chipset in explorer....

2. none of these phone will get official ICS update...

OP
darnee

darnee

Broken In
First of all thanks for the replies.

I would like to know if there are any existing phones that are going to get ICS or any upcoming phones shipping with ICS that fall within my budget because I like the ICS features very much.

Although custom roms are an option but I'm not the kind of guy who messes with the phone before its warranty period is over.

pramudit

Gaming hardcore
no... afaik there is no phone under 10k that will get official ICS update...
the confirmed cheapest phone with official ICS update is sony experia mini for about 12.5k....

aroraanant

Explorer
Get Explorer its a great phone,and it will get ICS update.
No phone in your budget comes with ICS out of the box.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
(1) Will Optimus Net's 832 Mhz processor make a big difference against Explorer's 600 Mhz?

nope. the processor on Explorer is better than most 600-800Mhz processors found on similar mobiles.

(2) Will either of Optimus Net or Explorer be getting ICS 4 update ever?

no. none of sub 10k mobiles will get ICS update. even only a few selected sub 15k mobiles are expected to get the new android update. but with communities like XDA developers working on custom rom that are free of bloatwares, one shouldn't care much about things like update.

OP
darnee

darnee

Broken In
Thanks for your replies.

If I want to get ICS within 10K then what is the approx amount of time I have to wait?
Also which are the companies which have announced ICS handsets.

OP
darnee

darnee

Broken In
Thanks Sam for the clarification.
So now that ICS is out of the equation, I'd like to go for the HTC Explorer. Some last minute queries before purchase:-

1. Is there any other mobile from any other brand that I must look at before making a purchase?

2. Should I get a screen guard for the explorer. As per what I know explorer does not have Gorilla glass. My only worry is whether a screen guard will reduce the touch sensitivity?

3. Are tradus.in and sulekha.com trustable websites for making an online purchase? Although I have made online purchases before, I don't know much about these sites as my previous purchases were from flipkart and letsbuy.

Once again thanks for all the replies.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
1. Is there any other mobile from any other brand that I must look at before making a purchase?

only other mobile is LG Optimus Net/Dual.

2. Should I get a screen guard for the explorer. As per what I know explorer does not have Gorilla glass. My only worry is whether a screen guard will reduce the touch sensitivity?

if it doesn't have one, get one. but not the el cheapo local one.

3. Are tradus.in and sulekha.com trustable websites for making an online purchase? Although I have made online purchases before, I don't know much about these sites as my previous purchases were from flipkart and letsbuy.
tradeus, i have no idea but no to sulekha.

OP
darnee

darnee

Broken In
I have recently bought Explorer from Tradus for a friend of mine.
They are good.

In the explorer you bought from tradus, what are the things included in the retail package? It is not specified in their website. Also how do you choose the color of the phone in their website?

Renny

Padawan
Tradus seems to have many negative reviews, proceed with caution.
TRADUS.IN Reviews, TRADUS.IN Online Shopping, Shopping Site, Information, Frauds, Security - MouthShut.com

aroraanant

Explorer
My friend was not bothered about the cololr but I guess you can choose the color by calling them on the phone.
The retail boz contains the charge and the manual apart from the phone :p
But no earphones :(

OP
darnee

darnee

Broken In
Thanks for all your replies.

As per your advice I have bought the HTC Explorer from Univercell (Bangalore) for 9200.

The phone looks solid and the touch is simply amazing.

Thanks you all once again.

@Sam: Datacable and charger are the same (detachable adapter).

Top Bottom