Phone at Max Rs 17000

vizard18

Right off the assembly line
Hello Everyone . I am going to buy new phone and my maximum budget is 17,000 Rs . Now I have two issue

1) I am completely new to android, so the desired phone should be easy to use
2)I am confused between following sets
A)SONY XPERIA GO- Good HW,SMALLL SCREEN,ISSUE OF APPS ON SD CARD
B)SONY XPERIA U- NO SD CARD

Can you please suggest any other good option ?

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
I'd also like to know the same, as I'm also considering same options.

But Sola & Go doesn't have LED Flash, Front Camera etc. As all of the phones have 512MB RAM, so I really don't find any advantage of going for Sola / Go over U.

Also I don't know whether ICS will be smooth on 512MB RAM.

And unlike @OP I can live with the 4GB User Memory.

OP
V

vizard18

Can you Pls tell whether issue of apps not installing on SD card plagues on Sony Xperia phones or its common for all Android phones .

Hrishi

+1 to Atrix 2
While Atrix 2 is good [infact a very high spec in this price range] ,
however don't Opt for Motorola if you are looking forward for constant upgrades.

Since its very lazy in releasing updates , plus it failed to complete its promise of upgrading Atrix 4G to ICS. :annoyed:

I'd also like to know the same, as I'm also considering same options.

But Sola & Go doesn't have LED Flash, Front Camera etc. As all of the phones have 512MB RAM, so I really don't find any advantage of going for Sola / Go over U.

Also I don't know whether ICS will be smooth on 512MB RAM.

And unlike @OP I can live with the 4GB User Memory.
In my Mb860 , a fresh JellyBean[CM10] leaves around 380-400MB free RAM out of 817MB(actual 1GB DDR2).
However the new devices have DDR3 ram , I think. It will be faster.

It might lag a little if you install too much applications & games. O/W , its fluid. I have used LG L5 with 512MB Ram and single Core (800Mhz)Proccy. It was still fluid enough.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
In my Mb860 , a fresh JellyBean[CM10] leaves around 380-400MB free RAM out of 817MB(actual 1GB DDR2).
However the new devices have DDR3 ram , I think. It will be faster.

It might lag a little if you install too much applications & games. O/W , its fluid. I have used LG L5 with 512MB Ram and single Core (800Mhz)Proccy. It was still fluid enough.

Thanks for the information :)

aroraanant

Explorer
In low budget I think Desire V is good for around 14-14.5k, and if you want something good then get One S for around 22-23k

OP
V

vizard18

Thanks friends fr helping me out . On sunday got myself S advance fr 18700 Rs. As you know i am noob in android can you pls suggest any link or site specific to new advance S users.

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
Thanks friends fr helping me out . On sunday got myself S advance fr 18700 Rs. As you know i am noob in android can you pls suggest any link or site specific to new advance S users.

What kind of help u want..? Don't worry.. U will explore all stuffs yourself.. :)

Top Bottom