Phone at around 15k

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
The Darn MOTO G 2014 is off the stock and I asked the CC when will it come back but they were not able to specify an exact date, so can someone please suggest me a good phone for my need. I'll be buying today itself.

1. Budget - 15K
2. Display type and size? - 5inch max.
3. Dual sim?- n/a
4. Preferred choice of brand?- no local, and absolutely no Micromax.
5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)? - n/a
6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc) - Android / Windows.
7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready). - n/a
8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc) - internet, texting
9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? - n/a
10. Any other info that you want to share - none.

- - - Updated - - -

Budget can be extended to 16k if required.

Last edited:
OP
toad_frog09

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
both are gone. go for Zenfone 5.

I saw that phone with my friend and with all due respect: I do not like it.

:-( :-(
I saved money and the day I deposited in the bank to make payment, it went out of stock. It has been over a month that I am using this and at this point I'd rather use pigeons than use this for communication.

Should I consider Windows phone?

OP
toad_frog09

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
Yes, If I'm not wrong, another member here got the Lumia 730.
Seeing the lack of options, I'll probably have to settle for Windows phone.

- - - Updated - - -

Update : Moto G's back in stock. I'm confused again. :|
How does moto G fare with Lumia 730 on hardware terms? I was using Moto G (1st gen) before this, now I feel I should give windows phone a chance.

OP
toad_frog09

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
Oh no, no more waiting. I was been for one whole month without a cell phone. First The moto g went out of stock, I thought, nevermind, I'll buy OPO 16GB when it launches in dec, but even that is delayed. I can guarantee my luck that if I'll wait for OPO, then both motorola and nokia will go out of stock, not to mention, I'd not get a invite on a first place to start with.
So no more waiting.

Can you help me chose between Moto G and Lumia 730?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, MOTO G is available for 11,749.00.
Man I was this close to confirming Nokia 730.

$hadow

Geek in making
That moto g 1st Gen was available for 9.9k so now it is costly. If you want a great device and android is not a must so all I could say is L730 is a good device.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
most people have a love-hate relationship with WP. i personally don't like it. go for 730, if you have used WP before. else Moto G is a solid choice.

+1 or you can wait for OnePlus one 16GB edition.

reports are 16GB won't be released here. and don't makes any sense at all when cost difference will be at best 3k.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
I still believe that as long as budget is ~15k Moto G Second Gen should be the one one shall go for.

OP
toad_frog09

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
Hmm. Considering how both are almost identical in Hardware but with the price difference of around 3250 rs, I decided to go with my former choice.
Moto G 2014 it is.

Although, I have to say I'd had been much more comfortable had Moto G never come to stock. Classic grass on the other side.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Can you tell me when is the Lollypop update rolling out?

Since I signed up for soak test via a survey email I recived last week ,I got the TEST ota yesterday.
And trust ME MOTO G 2014 has become much much better, free ram is 400 mb+ etc.

Anyway as per your question, it should be out in another 2-3 weeks, there are certain small bugs that have to be fixed

$hadow

Geek in making
Well I have also signed up for soak test but no update seen yet. Maybe by 2015 we will get 5.0.

OP
toad_frog09

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
Ok. I'm anyhow happy with kitkat.

Also, can you suggest me good screen guard and back cover for this? There are tons of option out on flipkart, but most of them eventually underperform.

Top Bottom