Phone,15k,best ROM support,Advice please

adimax

Broken In
Hi all
I'd like to buy first hand/second hand phone under 15k with only 2 criterias
1.Should have the most stable ROM support(CM,AOKP) for least 2 years
2.Reasonable battery backup(should last 1 day with edge ON,only for whatsapp)

As far as I can tell,phones like MMX HD,Q1000,Wammy passion z are best vfm,but they'll never get KLP.
Suggestions Gurus?

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
so who told u that phones under 15k will get klp?? klp is even not announced yet..n as far as the 2nd hand phone is concerned, if the phone is getting klp (through official or unofficial) in future, first hand users won't sell it anyways..so better increase ur budget n get decent phone like Xperia L else stick to jelly bean roms on Optimus L9, Xperia P or Galaxy S Advance..

OP
A

adimax

Broken In
Max extension to 18k,plus in the GB days,a few "cheap" phones made it to ICS(CM obviously).I see no reason why I can't find sub 18k phones making to KLP.

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
Well my 10k Dell XCD 35 made it to CM 10.1 but I dont see that happening anytime soon with others... :lol:

Your best bet is L9 as it has official CM support or wait for dev support on L to increase.

L9 has best ROM support in your budget.

Try to get second hand Galaxy S2, if u can. It will get KLP update unofficially for sure

bhushan2k

Max extension to 18k,plus in the GB days,a few "cheap" phones made it to ICS(CM obviously).I see no reason why I can't find sub 18k phones making to KLP.

If u r ready to spend 18k then Xperia L is a best buy..it will ATLEAST get two major updates in future for sure..n qualcomm soc.. So obviously great dev support on xda.. plus no phone can beat it in performance in same price bracket..can't say about klp update coz even google is confused which to release 4.3 jb or 5.0 klp lol..

If u r ready to spend 18k then Xperia L is a best buy..it will ATLEAST get two major updates in future for sure..n qualcomm soc.. So obviously great dev support on xda.. plus no phone can beat it in performance in same price bracket..can't say about klp update coz even google is confused which to release 4.3 jb or 5.0 klp lol..

Sony never gave 2 android updates to any of their phones except Xperia S which was their flagship device once upon a time. So, we can just expect 4.2 update from Sony....

randomuser111

Technomancer
Sony never gave 2 android updates to any of their phones except Xperia S which was their flagship device once upon a time. So, we can just expect 4.2 update from Sony....

Reality check :D

Xperia S/Ion/SL/Acro S - 2.3 to 4.0 to 4.1 = Total 2
Xperia P/Go - 2.3 to 4.0 to 4.1 = Total 2

So except for Sola and U, most 2012 devices got 2 major Android updates. :)

I can confirm though that the L/SP/ZR/Z/ZL will get Android 5.0. So 2 OS updates for these

The only reason why Sony won't give further updates to S/P is lack of 4.2 and beyond drivers for the chipsets ( Qualcomm S3/Novathor).

Whereas for Qualcomm krait, drivers won't be an issue until KLP at least. So 2 updates are almost guaranteed.

Last edited:

bhushan2k

dude..check ur stats first before saying nything against sony..:p

So except for Sola and U, most 2012 devices got 2 major Android updates. :)

Add Sola n U too ;) they are already started using XP official JB ROMs ;)

The only reason why Sony won't give further updates to S/P is lack of 4.2 and beyond drivers for the chipsets ( Qualcomm S3/Novathor).

yup..hard to digest..ST-Ericsson should have released sources n drivers before splitting :p expecting doomlord to do some magic for novathors..:p

Top Bottom