Phenom II OverClocking Essentials

Status
Not open for further replies.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I'll try nw that u told me! I'll try 1.25V 1st. Got DUAL BIOS so no need to reset CMOS every time I fail! GIGABYTE rocks!

True. When one OC failed on my dual bios gigabyte board, the backup got copied to the primary BIOS and the system was up and running as if nothing had happened. No need to reset BIOS manually and no need to remove battery :)

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I have CM Elite 334. Old one was iBall Grabit. I dint put any thermal paste yet. M gonna buy that before the CPU cooler. Is it great if I remove the Thermal sticker pad or whatever that was stock and apply only the Thermal Paste? Btw, The inversion of the stock cabby fan made a change of 2-3 degs.

I suppose I'll update the BIOS too. I thank topgear for mobo selection. He recommended it to me. The best thing is that 4 SATA2 ports are at right angles and 2 are vertical, which isnt the case in GA-MA790GP-DS4H.

Better remove that Thermal sticker and clean both processor and heat sink. Then apply thermal paste.

Krow

Crowman
^^^ Okay... I'll buy thermal paste 2mrw.

Idle core temp came down to 43/44 @ 1.25V. Its 46 nw, but my comp has been running for almost a day n a half nw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom