Phantom 410 with HX 750

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
Here is My Updated Config:

NZXT Phantom 410 White
Zotac 560Ti
Cosair HX 750 and Rest is in Sig.

Images Loaded to *picasaweb.google.com/109666383366067125993/April292012

I can Post more if some once has any queries or requirements.

Small Review:

1. USB 3 to USB 2 Conversion Cable Not Included so 2 Front Panel USB became useless.
2. very Quiet Rig with 5 fans.
3. Overall temps came down by 5 Deg after I switched to 410 from Elite 335.
4. Awesome Looks.
5. Cosair Cables are pain in ass to bend. Had hard time doing cable management.
6. Motherboard 8 Pin Power connector can not be routed behind tray due to less length and also no provision to make it come out in the Top left corner.
7. Grommets Are not great. Every grommet came out while cable routing and hard to resit.
8. GTX 560 Ti Fits Easy with space left for a 120 mm fan.
9. Tool Less Mechanism for HDD is OK but DVD doesn't fit tight so used the Thumb screws provided.
10. EVO got fitted with 8-10 mm clearance to spare
11. CPU Idle Temp dropped by 6 Deg :shock:

dfcols71

In the zone
try this one and keep me updated on its availabilty
since i have phantom 410 and will build my rig soon
Internal to External USB 3.0 Adapter (2 ports) - Cooler Master - Leading Provider of Computer Case | Cooler | Power Supply

OP
T

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
That one is useless for the need. We need a Male 19 Pin Adapter at one end (Like this one has) and on the other end 2 Female USB Connectors to met with Motherboard (The one you showed has Outlet Connections which cant be fitted to Mobo)

Exactly this is what is needed.

Lian Li PW-IO2AH100 USB 3.0 (20pin) Header to USB 2.0 Header (PW-IO2AH100) - FrozenCPU.com

dfcols71

In the zone
but arent nzxt giving 2 front usb2 header and 1 front usb 3 header it there in phantom 410 specification

best i can find are these
2-Port USB 3.0 A Female to 20 PIN Adapter-FTK | eBay

funskar

Padawan
but arent nzxt giving 2 front usb2 header and 1 front usb 3 header it there in phantom 410 specification

best i can find are these
2-Port USB 3.0 A Female to 20 PIN Adapter-FTK | eBay

Lol :lol:
2.4k for a usb adapter:shock:
A full sunbeam usb 3.0 extension wid all in one card reader comes for 1.6k:razz:

OP
T

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
Weird.. Its opening perfectly here. Check again.
Lian Li PW-IO2AH100 USB 3.0 (20pin) Header to USB 2.0 Header (PW-IO2AH100) - FrozenCPU.com

ps: That E-Bay one is also useless for our need.

dfcols71

In the zone
what is your mb
newer boards don't have the problem
please contact nzxt customer care they may give you support or even send you the header
*www.nzxt.com/support/index.php?/Custom/Knowledgebase/List/Index/34/iu01-usb-expansion

Last edited:

Terabyte

In the zone
@Tech_Wiz : Was Corsair VX450W unable to handle GTX 560Ti?
Or did you change the PSU for future upgrades?

cerkit

Right off the assembly line
Hello Tech_Wiz (and others):

I also have a mobo with USB 2.0 headers, and would like to install USB 3.0 connectors on the front panel. The same as you, I am seeking an adapter to connect USB 2.0 mobo headers to USB 3.0 20-pin.

Did the Lian cable below work for you?

Thanks,
cerkit reaker

That one is useless for the need. We need a Male 19 Pin Adapter at one end (Like this one has) and on the other end 2 Female USB Connectors to met with Motherboard (The one you showed has Outlet Connections which cant be fitted to Mobo)

Exactly this is what is needed.

Top Bottom