Personal MEdia Drives Frm HP.. EXCLUSIVE OR GLOBAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

zombie

Resident Weapons Expert
Just a small update. From what I gather, if an HP customer has a problem with RAM and its need to be reseated/replaced HP calls in the comptuer for repair since its bloody tough to access RAM modules. :)

OP
ymhatre

ymhatre

Ambassador of Buzz
i heard tht some unknown cabinet makers will introduce tht technique
is tht true??????????
also i guess if HDD is inserted horizontally(not vertically) like CD in the CD rom spaces in cabinet..
I dont think there wont be any problem in removing ram then....
Only thing is tht loading mechanism...
Its very hard to do tht...

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
Hey.... that is... just a normal external HDD.The only thin different about this is that the USB connector is inside the cabinet and the other connector is in the body of the drive so when u push the drive in,there is a connection and it works like a normal HDD.
\]

Do u want 1??well....u do get ready made external HDD but I recommend u Make 1 on u r own...Yes...u can .....Get a new PATA HDD (IDE) of u r choice 40 gig/80 gig etc ....what....ever...Now get a external HDD cansing which will ship your HDD and will change the PATA interface to USB 2.0 and also give your external HDD a sleek look .......................Well I bought 1 for Rs 400...........................Just connect the IDE cable to the cable in the casing...... make sure there is driver CD with the casing------------------------------------If your mobo supports firewire then u get a firewire case.......... Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
ymhatre

ymhatre

Ambassador of Buzz
@samrulez
Thnx for ur efforts.....
but here we r discussing onloading mechanism.....
even i was knowing wht u told......
but here we r behind to crack the loading mechanism of HP....
this mechanism is 'Push to work ' type....
also introducing a PATA over here will be hecic....
Since the IDE cable n power supply both will have to be connected n ejected with the push of button....
Hope ur clear with my idesa n only Usb HDD will be suitable over here
Anyways THNX for ur efforts

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
just thinking out of the box...
why dont u mount the drive into a loading mech built over the top of the cabinet. cut a small hole and pass thru the power/usb cables.
this will be easier to construct too

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
No u can make a external HDD with a 2.5" Hdd.In that u don't need any power cables it is powered by the USB port...But still making push michanism is a little tough....U have to allign the sockets very carefully .......And has a disadvantage.>>>>>>u cannot use it with ur frenz computers.......Its better to have a simple USB connector to transfer DATA from 1 comp 2 another...

Rollercoaster

here is the image of my idea........

i am not sure about the insides as i dont know what usb drives looklike .. if u can post a few images of the drive then i can try and design the insides...

it took me 1/2 an hour to designthis in mspaint...my fav alternate for 3d max
:)

Rollercoaster

hey nobody responded from this thread to my desing...i put in some effort to make those in paintbrush... atleast ack...

OP
ymhatre

ymhatre

Ambassador of Buzz
thnx for ur efforts RC

But we r going against our plan if ur idea is taken into consideration.....
then too it was a good idea.....
Keep it up....

Can anybody thing about mechanism of loading n ejecting......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom