pentium D 2.66 ghz averate temperature

Status
Not open for further replies.

rishav

Broken In
I have got pentium D 2.66 ghz processor. The average temperature is 65. Is this normal or beyond normal. If you guys have any experience with this processor then please share your views.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
disable the Fan control in ur motherboard...

it will allow the FAN to allways run at top RPM which will lower the Temps to around 58 or bellow.. :)

Prescotts are high on running Temp... so dont warrey much unless u are over clocking the procy...

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
*img130.imagevenue.com/loc91/th_25415_80_122_91lo.jpg
That's my usual 'dusty-cab' temp. And the usual 'clean-cab' temp for my Prescott 3.0 GHz HT Pentium is 67 :p

It doesn't burn but yes, your temperature is very high for a PD. Add some fans!

CadCrazy

in search of myself
^^^ Agree Prescotts are called nuclear reactor. My friend has PC with Pentium D and he often complaint his PC hangs in summers.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
^^^

All of u using P4 prescotts and facing heat issue... Dissable the Fan Control... may be that feature is good at A/C conditions but at Indian Hot summer, u need the fans to run at Full Control !!! :D

utsav

damn busy...
QwertyManiac said:
*img130.imagevenue.com/loc91/th_25415_80_122_91lo.jpg
That's my usual 'dusty-cab' temp. And the usual 'clean-cab' temp for my Prescott 3.0 GHz HT Pentium is 67 :p

It doesn't burn but yes, your temperature is very high for a PD. Add some fans!

my oced P4 HT 3.06 @ 3.45GHz never crosses 62 degrees that too without AC and the normal temperature in my city is around 30 degrees and 48 degrees maximum in summers:p

blackpearl

The Devil
Mine is Pentium D 2.8GHz and it runs at an avg temp of 58 degree (with speed control). Under full load it goes to 67-69.

65 degree avg is a bit high. Is the heat sink properly installed?

One important point: do you have exhaust fans or not?

OP
R

rishav

Broken In
Yes I have exhaust fan and inhaust fan too.

What is the best software to monitor the temperature. I tried with intel active monitor lite and it doesn't show any temperature.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
utsav said:
my oced P4 HT 3.06 @ 3.45GHz never crosses 62 degrees that too without AC and the normal temperature in my city is around 30 degrees and 48 degrees maximum in summers:p
where you live??

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
we are all shocked with ur oc, as it sounds too good to be truth... may be u got a great chip ur may be temps readings are not right

utsav

damn busy...
no dudes. the temp readings r not wrong.once the temp of the proccy reached 74 degrees as the heatsink was not fitted nicely and the pc started to slow down.this proves that the temperature readings r correct

i changed the thermal paste over the proccy and added two 80mm exhaust fans at the rear of the cabby.

my cabby has several vents like the one for proccy and a net like vent over the pci slots so i didn't used any fans to draw air into the cabby.

and i recently OCed it to 3.657GHz and the max temperature was 65 degrees.

i think the psu is a bottleneck for any further OC as the 12V rail voltage has dropped to around 11.3V .I hav a 450W Intex PSU.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
utsav said:
no dudes. the temp readings r not wrong.once the temp of the proccy reached 74 degrees as the heatsink was not fitted nicely and the pc started to slow down.this proves that the temperature readings r correct

i changed the thermal paste over the proccy and added two 80mm exhaust fans at the rear of the cabby.

my cabby has several vents like the one for proccy and a net like vent over the pci slots so i didn't used any fans to draw air into the cabby.

and i recently OCed it to 3.657GHz and the max temperature was 65 degrees.

i think the psu is a bottleneck for any further OC as the 12V rail voltage has dropped to around 11.3V .I hav a 450W Intex PSU.
how much boost in performace does it make as compared to stock speeds??

utsav

damn busy...
at stock speed winrar benchmark result was 391KBPS and when OCed then 454KBPS .around 14% boost in performance.

this is my proof of the OC.
*i4.tinypic.com/62ig4nk.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom