Pen Driving is shutting down Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhijitroy

Broken In
Pen Drive is shutting down Computer

Recently one of my friend had purchased Transcend Jet Flash pen drive of 1GB capacity. After some time his computer (OS - Windows 2000) has developed a peculiar tenedency. Whenever the pen drive is withdrawn from the computer, the computer restarts. However, the same pen drive is functioning well with other computers and also other pen drives are functioning well with his computer. Please suggest any remedial measure.

Last edited:

q3_abhi

Youngling
Hey sometimes the USB ports touch the restart button from the inside.....this too happened with my friend.(if ur using the front USB ports)

If ur connecting to the front ports, check this thing.

djmykey

Let the music play.....
He might have installed the drivers which came with the pen drive. It has some functions that u mentioned above. Check if he has done this.

champ_rock

champ_rock
just tell him dont run the inbuilt program (on the root of the program) which he must be using to access his private partition...

there is a option of restart in transcend software.. just check whether he has enabled that?

OP
A

abhijitroy

Broken In
Following facts are true with the computer of my friend:
1. It has front USB ports and my friend uses the same;
2. He withdraws the pen drive by disabling it first from the sys tray icon.
Rest whether he has installed the package software or not that I'll check and inform.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom